Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the referrals on this site, I got a custom vest made by Chuck Dietl. Living in the same city, I was able to visit with him and get fitted.

He makes a superb garment.Thanks to craftsmen like him, we can get such a product made.What i particularly like is the removeable 1/8 " thick recoil pad which extends into the shoulder pocket.This I haven't seen elsewhere. Also, all the custom pockets for various paraphernalia are great.

Highly recommended.

Ned

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom:
I got the beige vest shown on his website, only in burgundy.That shoulder pad has a removeable insert of either 1/8" or 3/16". I tried the latter but got the 1/8" because I got more feedback when mounting.The pad shape protects the entire shoulder pocket.

He'll make whatever pockets you want. I got an insert pocket above each bellows pocket which is good for extra rounds, a choke etc.Also got the card pocket and a flap pocket for earplugs.The vest is leather trimmed and with leather patches over each shoulder for gun carry.

You will not find anything like this vest anywhere. I looked for a long time.

Ned

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'd like to thank Ned for his kind endorsement. An article I wrote on what functions a shooting vest should serve appears on shootingbunker.com along with pictures of typical features in a men's vest. I do also make vests specifically designed for ladies. Sizing and ordering information are also contained on the web site thanks to the web master, Mr. Bill Bartels.

Chuck Dietl

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

-

In response to several PM's that asked to see my vest, I'm posting this pic which should explain all.

Ned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.