Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By buddy just won an auction for a bt99 Leo special. He immediately realized it was a scam. He ask for more pics and she sent photos of a gun my other friend bought a couple of months ago. It wasn’t even the same gun in the ad. Apparently a lot of these scammers aren’t that smart! Beware out there! Here is some of the conversation.
Font Darkness Screenshot Terrestrial plant Event

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Won't talk to you = RUN as fast as you can away from them! It is mind blowing how many scams have surfaced from GB. Use common sense guys! Good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I agree with reyper. The first sign of anything less than perfect, I am already gone.

I used to buy and sell on Gunbroker on a weekly basis. It was always pretty decent. A hick up once and a while but no real trouble. I don't know what happened, but 6 or 8 years ago, it seemed like every other transaction had problems. I stopped using them. It is a shame, it was really good for a while.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yup I just ran into a scam and Gunbroker actually responded within a day! The seller had 4 feedback; 1 negative saying they were a scammer and 3 from the same user saying "great person to do business with". Lol Guess what was I to expect for a $2200 Perazzi Mirage
🤔

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran into one last Monday.....Gun sold at 2:37 a.m. I did not win bid. The next day gun was back on with a different seller name I emailed new seller and response was THEY WHERE NEW TO GUN BROKER. I contacted Gun broker and the listing was removed within 20 minutes.

·
Registered
11,119 Posts
I was told I "WON" an auction once ( I know my bid was listed as high bid) only to be told later I didn't . I dumped those clowns a long time ago. IMO Auctions just run up prices become reasonable anyway. It took 6 months to get them to STOP sending me E mails. Won't ever have anything to do with them again. You want to SELL me something, name me a price but ,I don't fool with than auction BS !

·
Registered
279 Posts
A couple of pieces of advice when dealing with potential sellers.
1. Always talk to the seller over the phone before deciding to send money. You can smell out any scam pretty easily by asking a few pointed questions about the product(firearm).
2. See rule #1.
As far as GB goes, they banned me after I won an auction and the seller reneged on the sale. I complained. They banned me. I won't lose any sleep over it. Probably saved me a lot of trouble over the years.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
My buddy had something go wrong. He said you can’t call and talk to anyone at GB and they’re horrible about answering emails. He now uses GI and says it’s great, and someone will actually talk to you there. I’ve noticed lately if you Google a specific gun for sale GB doesn’t come up that often anymore. It used to always come up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My name is Carolyn Brown and I don't speak good english????? Ruuunnn. I'm betting that most Carolyn Brown's speak excellent english.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts