Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
209 primers only 8.99 / hundred.

I can understand a business making a profit but this is pure rape. I am going to call the store manager and send an email to corporate.

·
Registered
32,285 Posts
Are you sure you were not looking at black powder rifle primers? I just took a quick look at their website and Fed, Rem and Win 209's are listed for 31-33 dollars a thousand.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Just bought 2000 w209 from them for 73.99 including hazmat.

Actually free using my cabelas points with free shipping. I'm not complaining.

Bill

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The Cabela's store I shop in has had primers for $26 to $32 per thousand, all Summer. CCI, Winchester and Federal.

They have been cheaper than our jobber with the Foreign stuff.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Last primers I bought at Cabela's, W209s, were $23.95/1000 if I recall correctly; probably about 4 months ago.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this store keeps a small cart in the middle of an isle with .22's on it at a ridiculous price. the primers were on the top shelf.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
this store keeps a small cart in the middle of an isle with .22's on it at a ridiculous price. the primers were on the top shelf.
Please let us know what the store manager and corporate have to say for themselves.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Why are Remington primers so expensive?
Rumor has it that some bean counter decided that Remington needed to make more money (better margins) on their reloading supplies. So they raised their prices irrespective of the competition. Their sales numbers have to be dropping like a rock. I was a Remington Guy (primers and wads) until this happened, but not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
Remington 28ga and 410 wads are $180/case plus tax now.

Glad I don't use them in 28 (load WAAHS), and have switched to a cheaper but better wad in the 410.

Wish I could find an as-good alternative to the RXP20 wad, then I'd be rid of all the stupidly priced Remington components.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts