Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Another answer to a nonexistent problem, other than Henry's profits.

A problem does not need to exist in order to have an excuse to buy another gun. What in the hell is wrong with you? Different stuff for different folks.

Are you using phrases like
“too many guns,”
“shot too many times,”
“too much gun,”
“not enough gun,”
“don’t need a Kreighoff,”
And other similar silly sayings.

These are sure indicators of a diseased mind.

Wait, I see you are from Illinois, never mind. Are you in government?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think this is an excellent idea for home defense or other uses. Gives one the ability to use the gun indoors without the disadvantages of using a bullet that could possibly penetrate inside or outside walls. Minimal recoil so the everyone can use it along with the safety of having to lever the gun to cycle the action. Personally, I like having an outside hammer gun & a bolt that cycles back like the Winchester 1897. Stronger than dirt. I've looked at the other Henry .410's & was impressed with their quality & overall finish. If they made a pump action with the same features I'd buy it in a minute.

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think this is an excellent idea for home defense or other uses. Gives one the ability to use the gun indoors without the disadvantages of using a bullet that could possibly penetrate inside or outside walls. Minimal recoil so the everyone can use it along with the safety of having to lever the gun to cycle the action. Personally, I like having an outside hammer gun & a bolt that cycles back like the Winchester 1897. Stronger than dirt. I've looked at the other Henry .410's & was impressed with their quality & overall finish. If they made a pump action with the same features I'd buy it in a minute.
Sure if it is a 410, but I have seen a 14 inch barrel pump somewhere. Get one that will use 2 inch 12ga 7-1/2 shot shells and that is a lot of fire power.

Reactions: kehrby

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
In government...no way. Have worked in the gun business off and on since about 1960. Never used any of those terms. I've had my share of gimmick/fad/latest thing guns and was expressing my own opinion. Just like the Judge, Governor, and Mares Leg, all guns that I have no desire for and already have something that will do the same thing better than any of them. Diseased mind? No. Maybe too old to get excited by everything new that comes along. Thanks for your considerate, thoughtful, non judgemental critique. Maybe I deserved it.

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In government...no way. Have worked in the gun business off and on since about 1960. Never used any of those terms. I've had my share of gimmick/fad/latest thing guns and was expressing my own opinion. Just like the Judge, Governor, and Mares Leg, all guns that I have no desire for and already have something that will do the same thing better than any of them. Diseased mind? No. Maybe too old to get excited by everything new that comes along. Thanks for your considerate, thoughtful, non judgemental critique. Maybe I deserved it.

Any time.

I suppose you are right, does any body need anything other than a 22 pistol?

LOL.

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know some of you guys are worthless when it comes to trying to share new stuff. Little wonder some people don’t post stuff here, they probably get frustrated with the “thread crappers” because the crappers have nothing worth while to post themselves. Being extremely short in talent to post something worth reading, you think you have intellect with a post by showing distain for something you have no interest in.

I guess the thing I can start doing is return the thread crapping on anything you clowns post in the future. If some of you think you are going to reach your 50 without “meaningful posts” you are going to be surprised.
While you have reached well past 59 Col BatCrap, I have yet to see one worthwhile thing you have ever put your avatar to.

Reactions: kehrby

·
Registered
94 Posts
You know some of you guys are worthless when it comes to trying to share new stuff. Little wonder some people don’t post stuff here, they probably get frustrated with the “thread crappers” because the crappers have nothing worth while to post themselves. Being extremely short in talent to post something worth reading, you think you have intellect with a post by showing distain for something you have no interest in.

I guess the thing I can start doing is return the thread crapping on anything you clowns post in the future. If some of you think you are going to reach your 50 without “meaningful posts” you are going to be surprised.
While you have reached well past 59 Col BatCrap, I have yet to see one worthwhile thing you have ever put your avatar to.
Still a useless firearm with no purpose other than to make noise. I have 3 ea 410's. a semi-auto-a pump and an under & over. I hunt and shoot skeet with all 3. And reload the 410 too.

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Still a useless firearm with no purpose other than to make noise. I have 3 ea 410's. a semi-auto-a pump and an under & over. I hunt and shoot skeet with all 3. And reload the 410 too.
I say who cares what your opinion is? This forum is to be informative and share new things. Just because you have no use for something does not mean someone else shares your useless nonsense. This is neither a target or hunting weapon it is a self defense weapon. Lever actions have a high acceptance as home defense guns. The 2nd Amendment is not about stupid hunting. People who understand the 2nd, know defense of all firearms is vital if we want to keep the ones we want, even if there are some we don’t like. Not everybody on this forum limits their thinking to how a firearm can serve another person.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a Governor....well made with a heavy but smooth SA/DA trigger and a front tritium sight and holds 6 rounds. Good nightstand gun and you can choose your load or mix 410, 45ACP or 45LC. Great on snakes and a hoot on tin cans or the like at close range with 410. It can play in the grownup league too with the 45ACP or 45LC. It is not as good as a dedicated single cartridge gun but it suffices and it will make you smile and you can choose your round. I have a Henry 410 Carbine (not the rifle or AXE). Quality is superb. Practicality is very limited but the fun factor is there.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
rick...its a trap shooting website, not a shot show forum.

someone left the barn door open to trash posts here. ts.com is on its way down fast. sad.
lets all talk about tactical trap guns next.

oh wait...we just did.

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
rick...its a trap shooting website, not a shot show forum.

someone left the barn door open to trash posts here. ts.com is on its way down fast. sad.
lets all talk about tactical trap guns next.

oh wait...we just did.
rick....your post would be better directed to the owners other website.....

www.shotgunforums.com.

they talk about all the crap guns a lot over there. come join in.

You could use your same silly remarks about the Hunting, Political. and Other Topics forums and the useless and meaningless posts about skeet shooting, pistol, rifle, self defense and metallic reloading here, but here we are. It appears to me the only time some of you clowns want to practice diversity is when it suits your own selfish purpose.

·
Registered
34,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick, I’ve been on this site since 2003. I’ve had my 50 long before you were even on this site. Don’t take my comment on the Josh Randel .410 personality. It looks cool but what is it good for?
Are you dense? I mentioned a couple of times it is offered as a self defense WEAPON. I posted a link to it as an option for people who are looking at pistol, rifle, shotgun or other WEAPON. There must be some people buying them, because gun manufacturers seldom make guns that are not selling. Despite your personal contempt for such weapons, other people buy them.

I did not mention you needing 50, but my comment was, I have not seen one constructive or contributing post by you. All you do is snipe and crap on people’s threads. I guess you think your sniping makes you look cool and intelligent.......not!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you dense? I mentioned a couple of times it is offered as a self defense WEAPON. I posted a link to it as an option for people who are looking at pistol, rifle, shotgun or other WEAPON. There must be some people buying them, because gun manufacturers seldom make guns that are not selling. Despite your personal contempt for such weapons, other people buy them.

I did not mention you needing 50, but my comment was, I have not seen one constructive or contributing post by you. All you do is snipe and crap on people’s threads. I guess you think your sniping makes you look cool and intelligent.......not!
A weak defense weapon that takes 2 hands to operate and only hold 4-5 2 1/2" shells. weighs 5. 75 lbs and is 26" long retails for $970.......You'd be better off with a real pistol in one hand and a flashlight in the other............But to each his own. Buy 10 if you want too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts