Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Winchester Model 12 with "B" carved wood that was engraved by Angelo Bee. It has the A BEE on the receiver but does not have the preverbial bumblebee on it as well. I was just wondering if anyone has had Angelo provide a letter of authenticity for you with your gun and if so, how much did he provide? Did he say when the work was done? Who contracted him to do it? Maybe an original service order?

I'm also wondering what the cost would be and if he has a website or phone number. Anything would help. It's a beautiful shotgun.

Model 12's forever!!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Letters are Available ....Thru His Daughter.... Have had them Done for His works That I Have Owned...Letters are $50
I supplied Photos and Serial Numbers for His Review, Will see if I can Find The Contact Info. Bart

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Letters are Available ....Thru His Daughter.... Have had them Done for His works That I Have Owned...Letters are $50
I supplied Photos and Serial Numbers for His Review, Will see if I can Find The Contact Info. Bart
Thank you very much! What was included in the letters you received? Was it just a confirmation that he did the work?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
My question would be why you would want this done? His style is very unique, easily identifiable and as far as I know no one is passing off fake Angelo Bee work. His work isn’t especially rare nor particularly desirable over any other engraver. He is a very good engraver however so no attempt to throw shade about his quality. If it’s signed I would just leave it be and save the $50.00.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My question would be why you would want this done? His style is very unique, easily identifiable and as far as I know no one is passing off fake Angelo Bee work. His work isn’t especially rare nor particularly desirable over any other engraver. He is a very good engraver however so no attempt to throw shade about his quality. If it’s signed I would just leave it be and save the $50.00.
Point well taken.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to pull this off the internet because I'm out of town and I wanted to get the pics to you guys who were interested. I'm very happy to have a piece of Angelo's work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your assistance. I really appreciate it and thank you for your kind words about the Bee gun! We had a model 12 squad last year at our state championships. One pigeon grade, one 3-pin trap, my Bee gun and a y-model. Me and my boys. I will put it up for you guys to see.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Interesting thread as I have a 1929 Mod 12 Pigeon Trap, engraved back at the factory with authentication. Not familiar with Mr. Bee or his work can some one enlighten me with a bit of history?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just know that he was a master engraver at Browning and has engraved many firearms and upgraded many model 12's to grade 5. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated by me as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the information. Now I have something to go by when determining whether I plan on doing this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts