Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, folks--just got through watching, for the umpteenth time, the Andy episode in which Thelma Lou's cousin Karen humiliates Andy thoroughly on the skeet field. My question relates to the brand of shotgun that Andy and Karen both use in this episode. Both of them appear to be Krieghoffs, but this show originally aired in 1961. Would these guns have been Remington 32's, or did someone "import" a couple of Krieghoff 32's? Sheriff Andy's gun has some pretty decent-looking engraving; during this episode he also uses this gun to shoot crows.
I guess these over/unders were from the personal collection of a highly-paid Hollywood actor, rather than that of a small-town civil servant. A good ol' Model 12, a humpback Browning, or an L. C. Smith would've looked a lot more believable!

Charlie

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Can`t answer you question on the guns but we ate at the snappy lunch a few weeks agon in Mt. Airy NC (the real mayberry). Nice place to visit and relive the show.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Why would Andy be humiliated for not being able to shoot skeet?

I've watched that show for years and I've never once seen Andy wearing a skirt!

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I would say that it could be either a model 32 Remington or possibly K32 the 3200 was not introduced until 1973. The model 32 was introduced in 1932 and the K32 was first manufactured in 1957. So I think it is anybodies guess on which gun it is.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
432 Posts
Funny that this is brought up. Watched it three times yesterday. Nothing better to do, I suppose. Look at it real close, it is a K-32.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.