Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice that Duke Power Co. just got fined a cool Million because a number of eagles and other birds had died around their wind energy turbines? Now I'm no fan of wind energy, but ask yourself why would a corporation, any corporation, want to do business in the USA? You invest a ga-zillion dollars in factories, work force and infrastructure to produce a needed commodity, and then some wacko finds the nest of an "endangered" species within miles, and you are shut down. Or a bird flies into it.
Quite honestly, nationalism aside, I don't blame companies for outsourcing their work. Another example of a government run wild...
dju

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
It was the leftist environmentalists themselves who insisted on "clean green" power sources, and still do. Of course, as always, they do not hold themselves accountable for their own folly.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
There is no Folly in a liberal's mindset, they are always Right no matter what!!

Just look what THEY'VE done to our National Forest!! and Wildlife numbers!! aka Wolf reintroduction!! And YES they are to BLAME!!

Its about time the government fined the wind industry, Gotta be fair now! Thats the greenie's/liberals mantra!!

Every wind farm in the USA, are KILLING birds listed on the endangered species act! And the government has known about it for years.

More then any loggers have and they were accused killing the Spotted Owl!! only to find out they aren't a "timber" bird and the Barred Owl has been killing them all along!!

So much for the, "ole college try"!

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Somebody didn't send a huge bribe to the DNC, and this is their payback.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
I heard the story on the news today and giggled.

Any wind turbine company that survives today has at one time received some subsidies from state and Federal sources.

Ironic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts