Trapshooters Forum banner

Ammunition Ban

7037 Views 46 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  elevenfan
Importation of Russian amunition and firearms will be banned on September 7th.
Sources say it makes up a large percentage of our total use and is popular due to its low cost.
Some think this could double the price of ammo.
Henry
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Premium Member
15,945 Posts
It has already been reported that at least the ammo will be sourced through other Russian satellite countries - it will take some time to organize, but should even things out quickly - I would also add that they don't send us a lot of shotgun shells - mostly military style rounds...

· Registered
3,365 Posts
Just another step. In 1994 Clinton signed a bill and Chinese ammo importation was banned. That was the begining of the end for cheap, plentiful ammo.
I think Clinton re signed a law that George H W Bush signed banning import of Chinese and Russian guns and ammo in 1989. That was about the time you could buy a sks and a case of ammo for around a hundred bucks. Sometimes even who you think is a friend to gun owners does something that makes you wonder!

· Registered
5,683 Posts
Wolf Ammunition is a Russian based company with its headquarters located in the United States in Placentia, CA. Shouldn't that be a possible legal "out" there? Hey, it's a U.S. corporation.

WOLF Performance Ammunition is a trademark associated with Sporting Supplies International (SSI), a corporation in the United States. It was founded in 2005. The ammunition was mostly manufactured by Tula Cartridge Plant in Tula, Tula District, Russia from 2005 to 2009. Maybe it's changed sources by now.

· Premium Member
5,256 Posts
There was a fellow at my local club this weekend shooting the 16`s with those Russian 12 ga shells . I had never seen any of them before .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.