Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that all the major suppliers of 9MM ammo are sold out. Also, my son-law bought the last pound of Win231 powder in the county (At least with all the stores he checked) Last time we had ammo shortages during Obama, I had several friends ask if I would load ammo for their own use. I declined but, offered to teach anyone that asked. Only had ONE ask to learn. Go figure!

Reactions: Kickstart173

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I'm with you on that one, I just tell them I'll teach you to reload so you can blow your own self up. I have never had one taker and have bin reloading for over 50 yrs.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just found out that all the major suppliers of 9MM ammo are sold out. Also, my son-law bought the last pound of Win231 powder in the county (At least with all the stores he checked) Last time we had ammo shortages during Obama, I had several friends ask if I would load ammo for their own use. I declined but, offered to teach anyone that asked. Only had ONE ask to learn. Go figure!
Recobs has plenty of the Win231 on hand. Hodgdon WIN 231 8# Pistol Powder | Recob's Target Shop Powder Valley also had some on hand. As far as ammo plenty could be found here: Sellier & Bellot 9mm 124 Gr FMJ

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Don't know where you shop, but NONE of the Distributors are out of anything you've listed.
MG

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was at Fleet Farm today and you'd really think the sky was falling. 4-5 people in the ammo isle grabbing what they felt they would need. Shelves weren't bare, but sure not full. I picked up a bag of wads and all the Winchester 209 primers they had left (500). Should have grabbed more shot! It's spendy there. Oh well. I should have enough for a few rounds of trap.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I am not taking any of this seriously until I see the liquor stores cleared out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
No runs on any of the three gun shops and one rural king in my area. Just normal sales and plenty of ammo and reloading supplies. I was in all 4 today .normal weekend

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Waldog,

If you'd had a couple more "customers", a couple of 'em would likely bring you 75 pieces of brass in 5 calibers to load! That was always my luck. :18:

Usually I'd tell them if they'd bring their own components, I'd load 'em for a penny apiece. That usually dampened their enthusiasm . :3a:

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
491 Posts
For the amount of surplus that was out there from the last couple of scares, there aint no way they are out!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't know where you shop, but NONE of the Distributors are out of anything you've listed.
MG
Unfortunately, People's Republik of Commiefornia. I read the distributors were out on a local gun website. Hearsay I know. But, it seemed plausible. The lack of powder from local stores is a fact.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I bet most people haven't even touched all the stuff they bought back in '09. Where do people keep all this? I mean, I've seen pictures of pickup trucks overflowing with tp, water, etc.

How many of you guys can't close the door to the spare bedroom? :18:

K

1 - 20 of 22 Posts