Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Your gun control is likely set at where it will be for the foreseeable future in Australia, correct? Not much fear of change for the worse? So you just have the other parts of the shortage without all the political nonsense to deal with.
That's probably correct. The lunatic fringe down here still bangs on about "guns on the streets" but the reality is that stricter firearms control isn't really on the agenda of any of the mainstream parties (touch wood!!).

We actually had a Minister of the State Government (not sure what you guys call them....an elected politician in charge of a particular portfolio) come out to our State carnival last week. I had a chat to him (my daughter is in his party) and the club president gave him a couple of shots and he hit one target. BIG grin!!

We have it tough down here, but at least we're now used to it. And we didn't start from as benevolent a set of laws as the US had until recently. Competitive shooting sports have largely been left alone.

Well on a better note my two neighbor kids both 6th grade and first year of getting to shoot competition. I had been preaching all fall if you see shells buy what you can afford. Sunday he comes over to help scoop snow grinning ear to ear.. I got some shells!! seems family was in Lincoln or Omaha Scheels he got 15 flats of AA 1145's for $85 a flat! Ask was that all they had? nope but all I wanted to spend He wants a 725 trap before spring practice starts, He has a enough money already saved up.

Don’t blame the retailers for gouging entirely, I am sure distributors, wholesalers and maybe a few manufacturers are pricing what the market will bear too.

Reactions: charleyj10
Reactions: CharlieAMA
Thanks to Joe Biden.
Manufactures have a quantity of lead to use in their products. Profit on shot shells is say $20 a case. 9mm profit is $100 a case (for example estimate only). As a business, where would you invest your lead stocks.
However indirectly Joe Biden did cause this. Millions of firearms were purchased because of uncertain times. The threat of ammo requiring a license to buy for that new firearm also made difference in demand. Joe Biden like Obama will be the industries #1 sales person of the year.

Pretty soon this site will be all about " fine or course", "himylayan or kosher" etc.

K
and which is better, Italian or German made salt guns,

Reactions: vatrap and sdive2
As I am a 70+ year old Conservative, I find it a very entertaining "Sport". In these times of confinement because of a manufactured pandemic to engage liberals and see just what it takes to trigger them.

Recently I have found referring to the not my president as "Sniffer" seems to be a good lead. For 3 years and 364 days you called Trump "Orange Man" but I am reprimanded 22 days in for the use of "Sniffer" This truely proves that you and your liberal party are "RACIST" That usually triggers heads to explode!o_Oo_Oo_O

=

That’s why I’m concerned that prices won’t go back to where they were just a few months ago. I hope I’m wrong.
I have been reading old threads about the 2010s era shortages. I won't be surprised if promo shells hold steady at $7-$9 a box until gun control panic goes away. There were shortages prior to Covid nonsense. Older shooters can tell us about the good old days.

I got my start in the clay games in 2016 so I have had it really good and like I mentioned, I enjoy reading the old threads so I stocked up before the crapola hit. I'll add a bit here and there. Like I found some powder on sale (can you even believe it?) so I helped myself to 4lbs.

Don’t blame the retailers for gouging entirely, I am sure distributors, wholesalers and maybe a few manufacturers are pricing what the market will bear too.
Absolutely bang on and the pricing will continue to rise and stay high as long as there are people out there willing to pay those prices, the very people that panic buy and hoard are the people that drive the prices up and most of the time they are the ones that are complaining about the high prices, sort of like shooting yourself in the foot ( pun intended )

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.