Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What they have in inventory is very limited. A few rifle calibers, some handgun rounds, 28 gauge Fiochi and some slug rounds. Hopefully it is the start of something bigger.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
At least it's coming back from nothing available. Ammo production doesn't double or triple overnight (hoarders do).

It'll be full of shelfs sooner or later like TPs, then we'll see discounts and coupons not long after that. It always does (again, like TP is happening now).
Just couple years ago, 9x19mm FMJ ammo went from $29.95 a box to $9.95 in less than a year.
We're old enough to experience/remember that, more than a few times.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I ordered 500 200 grain LRN .45 caliber bullets from Bayou Bullets last Dec. I received them Tues. They also had to be paid for on ordering. Too many people ordering from multiple companies and then cancelling as soon as they received an order from one of them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I work part time as a second job at a LGS. From what I’m seeing ammo is SLOWLY coming back. However, if hoarding would stop the shelf’s would be stuffed by the end of summer. We just had a huge load of 9mm Fiocci come in. With a 5 box limit of 50rds for $25. It only lasted 3 days when it should’ve lasted a couple weeks. I also heard the reloading supplies are looking at a 40% jump in the next few weeks. In my mind this means supplies are going to start coming back. But they’re jumping the price in order to slow the rush. I hope we’re back to normal by next spring but I won’t hold my breath. Too many people are hoarding still.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree with you 12ga browning! But I find it very funny that now the the ARK. Remington plant is coming back online, NOW all of a sudden everybody's got something for sale but at the higher prices.

·
Banned
531 Posts
Just bought 6 boxes Remington Premier light Target at Walmart yesterday for $7.87 a box, 3 box limit, sent my wife to buy 2nd 3 boxes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree with both of you cmysix and jk80. I know of a lot of trap shooters who’ve purchased 50 plus cases of shells. Just wish everyone would stop buying for 1 month. The LGS I work for has over $1,000,000 in back order of ammo waiting to come in. Trust me, we’re not a large shop either. Maybe 12-15 employees and that includes the fishing department.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts