Trapshooters Forum banner

Americase Gun Cases Are No More

13663 Views 41 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  us820
Looks like no more Americase gun cases.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
They were the case to have back in the day.

However, over the years I never had an instance where there was a need for such a heavy case.

I have either sold or give away all of the Americase products and have replaced them with the Negrini line.
I like having one americase, only to ship shotguns in to have them worked on. Can’t say I would want to ship them in anything else. For regular use, there are much better (ie: lighter) options for sure.

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Too bad if they stop production. Nothing else compares for durability except for some ugly, clumsy, plastic cases.
My Americase is certainly hell for stout, but I don't think I've ever seen any case as strong (or as heavy!) as the long-discontinued Nasco double combo case that I got with my first K80.

· Registered
2,767 Posts
Figures, I just sold all of mine. Price is probably going up now. Got tired of lugging them around.

Reactions: SanRemo32

· Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Looks like they left the door wide open for someone to start making them now.
Actually there already exists and have been in production for a couple decades.

Doug Hubbard the gunsmith has been making the Colorado brand gun case. In my opinion, every bit as tough/durable as an Americase. Yes I do have both.

Too bad if they stop production. Nothing else compares for durability except for some ugly, clumsy, plastic cases.
Not true. Read above.

· Registered
3,055 Posts
They still have cases available. I checked there website and it says nothing about going out of business.
I think the out of stock items are out of stock due to the pandemic.

That said, now use Pelican for my air travels.

I still prefer my old Jack Hall case for interisland by boat.

Jason

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.