Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given ten bags of these wads. They are black appear to be for 1 1/8oz loads. The data on the bag is worn off. If anyone could help with some load data that would be great. I don't want to just throw them out.

Jeremy

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Why not compare the black wads with some wads that you have info on. See if you can find one that has the same dimensions. HMB

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
It looks like the old HAWK brand they were made in the 60s (in Illinois) then discontinued then came back again a few yrs. ago. Don't know if they're still available. If this is what they are,, we used them same as AAs.Ross

·
Supporting Vendor
5,700 Posts
My guess is Hawk.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's similar to the HAWK but the "X" section in the Hawk was all one piece. This one looks like the middle of the 'cross' is not connected. I may be mistaken but I think Down Range wound up with the Hawk molds. Kevin, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

formerly a Hawk distributor

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I still hve a couple of bags under the bench. Works just like a AA's in old AA hulls or Rems. You reminded me, I haven't shot these in awhile..I'll dig them out and give them another try.

Big Jack

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. I will try to load some up using some AA data and see how it goes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
These wads were made by a small company in Morrison,IL. I have some of the original bags they came in. I believe the loading data was on them. Send me your contact info and I'll get you a copy. I always loaded them the same as AA wads.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
This wad looks more like a "Black Magic" than a Hawk to me. If so they didn't require the same amount of powder to acheive desired velocity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.