Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot any of these new loads? They are assebled in Georgia in the old Olympia plant i am told. Cheddite hulls and primers,double base powders and mag shot.

·
Registered
377 Posts
We (Utah) have a shooting family that bought 100 flats of them last year. They are very good shooters and shot them well. I believe that they are "top guns" labeled for the law enforcement community. Bruce

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe "American Target" are the loads Dave Crow makes on his own line. He initially had contracted the first runs with Fiocchi, but I believe he now has his own line. I've shot both the 6 crimp original loads and his newer 8 crimp in both 1 oz/1180 and 1 1/8 oz/1200 and they're a very good shell, especially for the money.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope they are as he says since i am placing a 224 case order Monday.lol Just don't know anyone that has any experience with them. Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
We have some of the first run of production here at Lake Havasu, Thanks to Dave Siegler of Las vegas. Good shells for the money, nice looking and the 8 point crimp will make reloads easier. You mostlikly won't have to fight for them, 3 to 4 loading each. I especially like the 1oz 8.5 shell great for the 16 yard stuff. Gary, Lake Havasu City Sportsman Club

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Had friends shooting them at Tucson Spring Grand.
Likely there are people that have more to say.
$50.00

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Dave Siegler from Las Vegas gave me a couple of boxes to try at the Spring Grand, they were 1oz of 8 1/2's and they hit both targets in doubles very hard. I believe this is a very good shell. Will buy some.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If they are anything like the old OLYMPIA shells made on the north side of Atlanta.... Run as fast as you can. The Olympia stuff was junk. Never knew what you were getting. Poppers one flat and boomers the next. Numerous cocked wads... Not worth fooling with. The company finally went out of business as it should have. Now if someone is using their old facility to produce a quality load then ok.... But buyer beware should be your watch word.

Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have gone thru many flats at Havasu, no problems. consistant loads, The producer put in all new machines and produces a quality product. Gary H

·
Registered
886 Posts
Bad303,

What / who did you use for a contact ?

Email or PM if you like.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer / dist

·
Registered
886 Posts
The Smoking Gun,

Does the Dave Crow that you mentioned have any connection with Crow Shooting Supply?????

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
The shells we used [ 1 oz. #8] shot VERY soft and hit targets hard.
They were the first Fiocchi shells with 6 point crimp.

Steve Crow is great to do business with!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.