Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amber is ranked #1 in the world in women’s ISSF skeet. She has withdrawn because she has COVID-19.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I mean I guess those are the repercussions of us not getting vaccinated. I wouldn't be surprised if people begin losing their jobs because they are not vaccinated or test positive for the Chinese virus.

Follow the money/politics.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
i started getting what i thought were the symptoms, went to Dr., he asked what I had been doing last few months, when I told him he suggested I switch from Longshot to SuperLite, made the switch but not breaking as many targets, I guess I will go back to Longshot and put up with the ringing in my ears and flinching.

·
Registered
10,632 Posts
I know it must be heartbreaking for her after she trained so hard and put in so much effort. I pray she recovers quickly !

·
Registered
SKB 85TSS; Beretta 694
17 Posts
Amber is ranked #1 in the world in women’s ISSF skeet. She has withdrawn because she has COVID-19.
She has COVID 19? or she tested positive for it? I’m not convinced that just because a person tests positive for it that they actually have it. It sounded like she was symptom free.
What better way to make sure that your country doesn’t have to shoot against #1 if you just don’t let #1 play the game!?
Nonetheless, I hope that she continues to be symptom free and she is OK.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
I mean I guess those are the repercussions of us not getting vaccinated. I wouldn't be surprised if people begin losing their jobs because they are not vaccinated or test positive for the Chinese virus.

Follow the money/politics.
I hear the Covid shot does not prevent you contracting and testing positive for Covid-19. It is suppose to help reduce severe and deadly cases of Covid.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I hear the Covid shot does not prevent you contracting and testing positive for Covid-19. It is suppose to help reduce severe and deadly cases of Covid.
IIRC, Pfizer and Moderna are around 90-95% efficacy against getting it, and around 100% against hospitalization if you do get it. If I trained for several years for a potential once in a lifetime shot at something, I would think getting the vaccine would be a pretty easy decision. I can’t fathom any individual Olympian who has access to it not getting it, and I find it hard to believe that coaches of team sports aren’t mandating it so that one person popping positive doesn’t kill the whole team’s shot at a medal.

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
I can’t fathom any individual Olympian who has access to it not getting it, and I find it hard to believe that coaches of team sports aren’t mandating it so that one person popping positive doesn’t kill the whole team’s shot at a medal.
You don't think that those who train the hardest, are the most physically fit in the world, and are most cognizant about what's going into their bodies might be hesitant to take an experimental vaccine for a virus that has well over a 99% survival rate for the age group of those attending? I think it would be nuts for any Olympian TO take the poke at this point.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts