Trapshooters Forum banner

Amazon/Rotometals #9 shot

1815 14
So I got a notice that Amazon is selling shot--they sure are. #9 high antimony shot from an outfit called Rotometals is marked down from $219.00 for two 25 lb. bags to an affordable $199.00.
I'm practicing restraint of pen and tongue--
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
6,371 Posts
Do you get free shipping on the $100/bag shot?

• Haha
Reactions: PaulCISSA

· Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got a notice that Amazon is selling shot--they sure are. #9 high antimony shot from an outfit called Rotometals is marked down from $219.00 for two 25 lb. bags to an affordable $199.00.
I'm practicing restraint of pen and tongue--
They did offer free shipping.
I went to their website, which gave me an option to email them. I axed 'em "Why is this so expensive?" and I swear by all that's holy, this is what they responded: "Jeff Bezos commission. Who's going to pay for that rocket?"

· Registered
117 Posts
Its price gouging, they were getting these stupid prices at the height of the shortage so they keep them there to see how many more people they can get to bite.
Local stores are starting to get shot again

· Premium Member
8,102 Posts
They did offer free shipping.
I went to their website, which gave me an option to email them. I axed 'em "Why is this so expensive?" and I swear by all that's holy, this is what they responded: "Jeff Bezos commission. Who's going to pay for that rocket?"
And, of course, that response makes no sense. Amazon.com is a publicly traded company and many here probably own stock in it either directly or indirectly. The fees and commissions Amazon charges 3rd party sellers for selling through the Amazon platform, while high, do not flow directly to Bezos's bank account. What he really meant was the Amazon fees and commissions are high and that's why the prices for their products are higher if you buy them through Amazon..

· Registered
3,313 Posts
And, of course, that response makes no sense. Amazon.com is a publicly traded company and many here probably own stock in it either directly or indirectly. The fees and commissions Amazon charges 3rd party sellers for selling through the Amazon platform, while high, do not flow directly to Bezos's bank account. What he really meant was the Amazon fees and commissions are high and that's why the prices for their products are higher if you buy them through Amazon..

Yeah but you can reach a lot more suckers on Amazon.

Darr

· Registered
17,356 Posts
I've been getting shot all along from my LGS.......It comes in trickles, but regularly. $46.99 at the last whack.
The real problem is primers. Scored 5K from Ballistic Products, they did charge Hazmat, Shipping, and
Sales Tax. Wound up to be $51.00 a thousand. Some are saying this will go on another 2-3 years but I hope they're wrong. Calculating cost per box of reloads gives me chest pains.

HM

· Registered
2,393 Posts
I've been getting shot all along from my LGS.......It comes in trickles, but regularly. $46.99 at the last whack.
The real problem is primers. Scored 5K from Ballistic Products, they did charge Hazmat, Shipping, and
Sales Tax. Wound up to be $51.00 a thousand. Some are saying this will go on another 2-3 years but I hope they're wrong. Calculating cost per box of reloads gives me chest pains.

HM
I agree with the high cost of components but the price of shells have gone up too if that is any sort of consolation in all of this. You also don't need to be running around to all the stores every day hoping to find a couple boxes of shells.

I look to ways of saving even with my reloads like using less lead. I know a lot of guys swear up and down why would you use anything less than 1 1/8 oz but for 16 yard targets you sure don't need to use that much lead. Again, a little savings here and there and the cost of reloading look a little better against buying new that you can't find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.