Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a move afoot to pass legislation to keep your old healthcare plan. This is supported by some Democrats like Sen Feinstein. I don't think it will work. Health insurers under Obamacare have cancelled old plans in order to comply with the new law. They now are in line to get three or four times the old plan premiums. Why would they want to reinstate the old plans? Its not in their financial interest to do so. Shrewd Dems like Feinstein know this and thats why they want to show themselves as being in favor and will now be able to shift the blame on the insurance companies for saying once a plan is dropped ..it is no longer available. I hope I am wrong...but it is a distinct possibility. ed

·
Registered
767 Posts
You are not looking far enough down range at the long term target (objective) that is a single payer system and the after-market purchase of supplemental insurance to bolster that single payer (government) plan.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
This is the bottom line: there is nothing about this plan or it's results that the democratic leadership didn't know from the beginning, nor that anyone with the cognitive ability of an average 10 year old couldn't figure out for themselves. Any talk to the contrary is agenda driven posturing.

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
This is the bottom line, don't trust or believe anything a politician tells you or the news!!

The democrats, aka communist, are just trying to get out from underneath the "meadow muffin" they created!!

Time to hold their NOSE'S to it!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The Dems want to postpone the pain until after the 2014 elections just as they delayed the start of Obamacare until after the 2012 Presidential election. I hope the Republicans are smart enough to not let them do that without substantially dismantling Obamacare.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Put on your gas masks. It is a smoke screen to make POTUS, Sebelius, Biden, and the rest of the Dems. look like angels. They are worried about VOTES.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Democrats can't sail a ship without republicans manning the rail. The solution is for Republicans to let Obamacare sink, then bring out the mop and bucket brigade.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The incompetent in over his head buffoon announced a one year moratorium to get past the 2014 elections. Is action on his own illegal? A lot of people think so. His arrogance has finally met its match. ed

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
The fact that he is ONLY giving a one year moratorium pretty much signals that ultimately, all are going to be losing the insurance they have, and going into government sold packages. I can't wait - - - - not.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
bvr tail, Obamacare reaches into every aspect of American life, including taxes on home sales under certain circumstances.

Hilary's stack of shit was about 5 inches tall, Obama's is about 2 1/2 feet.

HM

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Hildebeast's plan was only 5 inches, because back then, someone had to type it on a Smith-Corona. This one is light-years ahead.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
This article pretty much sums up what Obama said on the news, extended for one year. What he didn't say is then you will have to go on Obamacare. Insurance companies are already saying that extending the keep your own policy isn't going to work, drive up prices and cause chaos..

Why can't some Republican or reporter even just ask Obama why he thinks he needs to blow smoke up the publics ass with such outright, idiotic lies. Does he think everyone is stupid?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
This legislation was passed by congress. It is law. This Obama is so over the top it's mad. He believes he can simply dictate changes to congressional legislation. This is not the America I grew up in.

The insurance companies are getting some real payback for getting in bed with him.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
States are telling Obama to go pound sand....

State insurance commissioner rejects Obama’s proposal to extend canceled policies

Posted by Amy Snow Landa

State Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler has rejected President Obama’s proposal to allow insurance companies to extend health insurance policies for people who have received notices that their policies will be cancelled at the end of the year.

Within two hours of President Obama’s news conference announcing the proposed administrative fix for Americans upset by their policy cancellations, Kreidler issued a statement rejecting the proposal.

“I understand that many people are upset by the notices they have recently received from their health plans and they may not need the new benefits [in the Affordable Care Act] today,” he said. “But I have serious concerns about how President Obama’s proposal would be implemented and more significantly, its potential impact on the overall stability of our health insurance market.”

Read more at the link above....

Jerbear

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
If he thinks the insurance money boyz are going to retool again after just doing so, Obama better go rub a magic lamp somewhere and hope for help to arrive.

One of our local HMO's just got done setting up a new corporation replete with building and equipment, including a nice big IBM setup to deal with Oblama Care.

they are not happy at all.

This scenario is going to be repeated across the country IMO.

HM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts