Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and I promise to never complain again about the rebate programs.

I will continue to use any and all brands of shotgun shells AND I will never again be a sucker for the promised rebate programs. It just isn't worth it. If I have to, I'll just shoot 1.85 cases less next year.

I have cut out my last UPC code.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I just got a Remington rebate back.
I love it.
SSTs for just a little over $6 is a no brainer.

Now to just get the rebate dollars back for my daughter's
Haven't seen those in years.
I am going to start making them their Christmass and Birthday presents...
Since I never see the cash back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Though sending in for the rebates is a slight hassle, not sending them in doesn’t hurt the ammo companies. It just eliminates any chance of you getting money back. The odds of getting $100 is better than any lotto tickets you can buy. Though sometimes extremely slow, I have always received the ammo rebates I’ve sent in for.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,679 Posts
By the time I receive the rebate I've more or less forgotten about it. Months later you get a check in the mail and it's like "oh yeah I forgot about that, let's go to supper"
So how much did you really save?
I guess you're getting a free meal but still...a true savings would have been at the initial purchase. And knowing rebates inside and out, the whole process makes bank on the fact that few customers actually follow through with it. A surprising amount don't or allow it to expire before submitting.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
I tried messing with that crap ONCE. Bad experience. Never got the rebate and I'm done with that. I usually only buy new shells for the Grand because they MAKE you use them in Handicap . I have bought a few Nitro sporting loads for long range "games" like Annies . Almost all of the new shells I buy are Estates . They work fine ,hit hard, and I still come out ahead of paying for AAs or STS .

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
The last rebate I entered was for the AAs......I purchased 5 flats on July 17 or 18. On the 24th I decided to "cut" the coupons and place all necessary papers in envelope off to there rebate people. On SEPT 1.. I received my check, That is not a long wait!! Maybe I just got lucky..DanB

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I love rebates. I've always gotten my money, even if it takes 6-8 weeks. I get to shoot premium shells for less than promos! (I save my once-shot AA hulls and sell them to some industrious soul who bothers to reload 12ga.)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I reload also, I have loaded 30 flats since the Covid thing started , now I am out of 1x fired hulls and loaded over 3500 rounds of rifle and handgun ammo. I would have went nuts if I was not reloading all those mornings while in lockdown.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Love the rebates, will continue to do them as long as the manufacturer’s offer them.
Have never had a rebate turned down, lost, etc.
I truly appreciate the big 3 doing it and I shoot a lot more AA’s than the others, I thank them.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,309 Posts
I too love rebates. I have always collected. Even when CCI sent me a cash card which I had to call the card issuer three times before I got to use the rebate money. Follow instructions and be patient. When folks want to give me money I always accept!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I will alway submit the rates if they got them, got $900 back so far this year. Yeah we all wish the manufacturers would just lower prices to what they should really be, but why would they, with the ammo demand like it is we should be lucky they even had rebates this year.

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
When I was very actively shooting the $100 per manufacturer was a neglible amount in the scheme of things. 60 flats a year and sometimes more between registered and practice along with the funday game playing and recreational sporting clays rounds. My 15000 rounds is light compared to some of my friends consumption. I’d submit the rebates anyway. Might as well. Pretty good wages for no longer than it took.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I send in rebates also. I wish they would just lower them half of what rebate is and I would save a lot more money. It always makes me laugh though when I see a guy shooting a $15,000.00 shotgun and traveling in a $80,000.00 pickup pulling a $40,000.00 travel trailer, digging through a trash can to get UPC labels. Things haven't got that bad on my end yet.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
I will never again be a sucker for the promised rebate programs. It just isn't worth it.
What happened? and with who? We need a story if you want us to make any kind of connection to you being wronged!!! Why do you want to forget about using shell rebates? I have never had a problem getting my rebates back from Winchester!!! It will take months to get them. I don't care, as I still get them.

Remember now the USPS does not deliver mail unless you pay the proper postage!!! I get my shells from Academy Sports. I get 3 full page letters for my receipt. Add the full page letter for the rebate form, and the 50 bar codes in the same envelope!!! A Single Stamp is not enough postage to mail a letter of this size!!! I use 2 standard stamps to mail in my rebate. I have to wonder just how many shooters here are using just one stamp? When there envelope requires two stamps? Mmm

It always makes me laugh though when I see a guy shooting a $15,000.00 shotgun and traveling in a $80,000.00 pickup pulling a $40,000.00 travel trailer, digging through a trash can to get UPC labels. Things haven't got that bad on my end yet
I have never seen that. Yet!!! But I've seen my fair share of dumpster divers over the years looking for hulls. Every club has at least one or two of them!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
187 Posts
I really like the rebates. Sure a discount at the time of purchase is better but the risk reward of rebates are hard to beat. Every once in a while one falls through the cracks but mostly with a little effort I can shoot the good stuff with an easy price.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts