Trapshooters Forum banner

Alliant powders today at Powder Valley

2319 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  John G858
Alliant powders today at Powder Valley several available. Red Dot, American Select, Clay Dot, Herco, 20/28 In 8# containers. Will not last long. 1:55 PM eastern

Reactions: Cold Iron
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
1972 BT 99 Winchester SuperX model 1
212 Posts
Alliant powders today at Powder Valley several available. Red Dot, American Select, Clay Dot, Herco, 20/28 In 8# containers. Will not last long. 1:55 PM eastern

Thanks. Just got my 8# of red dot.

· Registered
547 Posts
And I was able to get 8 pounds of Clay Dot. Ran out of Clays awhile ago and have been using Green Dot instead for 1 oz.. Which is very low pressure for 1 oz. loads not the best powder for Cold weather use, I was starting to get nervous. Thank you!!

· Premium Member
8,299 Posts
And I was able to get 8 pounds of Clay Dot. Ran out of Clays awhile ago and have been using Green Dot instead for 1 oz.. Which is very low pressure for 1 oz. loads not the best powder for Cold weather use, I was starting to get nervous. Thank you!!
A good friend of mine just this year switched to Green Dot one ounce loads. He's carrying the highest singles and doubles (using for both shots) he's ever carried (started in 04').

Pressures are way overated!

· Premium Member
253 Posts
A good friend of mine just this year switched to Green Dot one ounce loads. He's carrying the highest singles and doubles (using for both shots) he's ever carried (started in 04').

I’ve been reloading 1oz with Green Dot as well
and I’ve had really good luck with it.

· Registered
547 Posts

Yeah Mike Campbell has been saying Green Dot is the perfect powder for 1 oz. loads for years. He uses magnum primers though. And it all depends on where you live ;) ... When it gets cold pressure is VERY important. Cold enough that when you walk to the clubhouse you hear someone from inside say quick lock the door he has a gun! It was 32° Below Zero. Ambient. Fahrenheit. When Kevin was just starting out at Downrange before he had a commercial freezer he would ask me to do some cold weather testing for him from time to time. But I'm getting too old for that silliness now, however still shoot down to ~zero or so. If the joints don't hurt too bad.

Have a lot of friends that shoot older SxS guns. In fact I didn't know exactly how many friends I had until I started loading Green Dot in the 12 for 1 oz. and cranking out low pressure loads LOL. Glad I could help them out this summer but hunting season is almost here! After phez in SD come Mid November it will be time to crank out more shells. And need some cold weather shells and powder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.