Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has tried it, how do you like Alliant E3 powder? Thinking of switching my 1oz. 16 yard load from Alliant Extra-lite to this.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Discovered during the great powder shortage a decade ago. Works great.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've used it for everything from 3/4 ounce to 1 ounce 12 gauge loads. It's worked great for me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Super clean, great powder in 1oz loads. I have used many kegs, as it is my preferred powder for 12 gauge. I have Xtra Lite also, but prefer E3 in my 1oz loads in Remington and Winchester hulls. Very popular powder at my club.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I used it for 7/8, 1 and 9/8 oz. 12b loads, plus 45 bullseye loads, 40sw major and minor loads, and some 9mm minor loads. The only things I don't use it for are loads for my Open pistols.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a Jug of E3 I am Loading for 7/8 oz...and Honestly I Like Red Dot better ,For some reason I feel that E3 has more recoil .....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m new to Trap Shooting, where does one go to for best pricing on reloading supplies. At present I’m using #7-1/2, #8 over the counter loads, Using my Choke Tubes to get best patterning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From my experience, online sellers of reloading materials are going to charge hazmat fees for shipping powder and primers.

If you can get to a large registered ATA shoot in your area, there will be vendors selling anything and everything you’d need

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
I’m new to Trap Shooting, where does one go to for best pricing on reloading supplies. At present I’m using #7-1/2, #8 over the counter loads, Using my Choke Tubes to get best patterning.
Best way to find where to shop for reloading supplies is to tell the forum where you are located. There are local suppliers can be better sources than mail order......sometimes.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
burned about 32 lbs (and still going). 12 gauge, 9mm, .40 and .45. Low weight charges, consistent and clean. My only gripe is it doesn't smell that great.

K

·
Registered
32 Posts
Was using Red Dot, then tried e3 on a friends recommendation. I like it for my 1oz and 7/8 oz loads. Find it to be very clean burning and see no reason at this time to return to Red Dot.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I prefer e3 over Red Dot Promo and even 700X. I usually go through at least 2 jugs a year, sometimes more. Best powder for 1 oz loads, using 16.5 grains even use it for caps without issues. only problem with e3 that I have found is that the price has went up $15.00 in the past couple years after gaining popularity

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
I used a keg of it once. Wasn't overly impressed. I think it was Alliant's answer to tite wad . I does burn clean but, so does tite wad. I really found no reason to replace Red Dot or Promo with it. It also cost more.

·
Registered
750 Posts
E3 is all I use for my 1 oz loads. The only one I think is better is Nitro 100NF. It is a little pricier and has the static problems that Titewad has, but an excellent choice as well because it offers better pressures.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts