Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a MEC bushing chart for E cubed powder. The paperback Alliant book lists a 27 bushing for 16 grains of E cubed. When I weigh it out it falls far short of 16 grain I had to go to a 30 MEC bushing to obtain 16 grains. Alliant's WEB site for MEC bushings doesn't list ALliant E cubed powder. When I called technical service they said they didn't know why their WEB doesn't list E cubed. They said I must have some kind of a blockage. Well, I don't. Anyone have a similar experience with E cubed powder.
Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
350 Posts
The bushing charts are guides only, powders vary from lot to lot, therefore you should always measure and use the correct bushing

Scott

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
You don't need another bushing chart. That is normal if you are using a progressive press. Since single stage loaders tend to drop more due to more vibration, they make the chart using those drops. This way the new reloader that just uses the listed bushing without checking the weight, will have a lower pressure load and not a higher pressure one. Also what Scott said about lot to lot, except I would weigh rather than measure. 8)

If you are using a MEC progressive the powder drops may not stablize until after the 6th powder drop, then the machine will be working all stations.

Keep a record of what bushing drops with powder. I just fold up the Claybuster paper from the wad bag and write the bushing and drop weight, then use a magnetic chip clip to put on my loading table metal shelf. I also write the load data: Hull, Primer, Wad, Amount of Shot, Type of Powder, Amount of Powder for the various velocities from the guide.

Jason

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Below are the MEC pages with E3 specs. If you have trouble seeing the charts go to the link above and select " powder bushing chart "

Don T

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Bushing charts are a guide. Use a good scale and measure after you get your machine and powder "settled it". What I do is load the powder on my 9000 and "dry cycle" it a few times, powder charging 8 to 10 hulls and dumping the powder back in the powder bottle to let the powder settle in the bottle. Then I start to weigh charges. When I am satisfied with the powder charges I load the shot bottle and have at it. I try to not let the powder get below 1/4 to the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts