Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like comments from those who have used Allems Guncraft for Perazzi work. I am looking for a 'one stop shop' that can do a rebuild,reblue, barrel and stock work(need one made into adjustable comb and lengthened) on both an MX-8 and TM-1. Suggestions for other shops appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I use Allem and have great success---Nancy is the best---Call her and she will direct you with any advice or turn you over to the kids---Thats all you will need---SJB---

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I tried Allem on a recommendation. They did work on my Browning I didn't need and had to redo the work I wanted, charged me for all of it and had the gun 3 months. They called mine a "little job". Guess I didn't spend enough to get the special treatment. I definitely won't use them again and I obviously won't recommend them.

MK

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have had work done by Allems and I am very satisfied. John's work for me goes back to 1977 and as recently as 2009 year on a KX5 & a 101. He gave good advice. The work was done on time, at the quoted price. John is an excellent trapshooter and has a trap on the property to check out your results, or take a lesson. Like anything else, I found it better to go there myself and ask questions on exactly should be done so we all understood.

js in PA

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just as a suggestion you might think of using Dan Loker at Giacomo's in Rome New York since his deals in perazzi's both repairing, selling and rebluing.
315-336-1356. Just a thought because I know Allem sends perazzi's too him to repair since they don't have the parts in stock.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Doug Braker (gun dr. on this site) did a really fine job of refurbing a ratty TM-1 for me. I had wanted to send it to Giacomo's but they were always too busy to talk to me and would not return repeated calls. I'm sure they are as good as they come but it was important for me to talk to a knowledgeable person before I would commit to sending the gun. Doug on the other hand explained every question I had and returned the gun with all work completed in three to four weeks. No regrets and I would do it again.

Never had any dealings with Allem's but have heard good things. Marc

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have use Allems and would never go back. I went to Giacomo's as above post and had great service -- use blazer1 suggestion.

Subject: Allems Guncraft
Email:
Date: Tue, Oct 19, 2010 - 04:22 PM ET
Website Address:

Just as a suggestion you might think of using Dan Loker at Giacomo's in Rome New York since his deals in perazzi's both repairing, selling and rebluing. 315-336-1356. Just a thought because I know Allem sends perazzi's too him to repair since they don't have the parts in stock.

Show reply form

·
Registered
635 Posts
Used them to clean up my Perazzi triggers that some clown in Louisana, who shall remain nameless, did and they did a great job. They also did my K-80 release and I have never had a moments trouble with either gun.

Try them.

Brownk80

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Allem is the best---How can you tell---try to get an appointment---1 mo turn around---They are busy---Whats that tell you---

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"...1 mo turn around---They are busy---Whats that tell you---</I></blockquote> ...that this time of year they put release triggers the top of the list and everything else gets done if/when they want a diversion from doing triggers... their explanation, not mine.

MK

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
No offense--Unknown----I just couldn't pass that one up---Believe me,They are good and I have never had a bad experience with them but I am sure there are others that will give you good service---Mystic---

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Allems has done nice work for me in the past. The best gunsmiths cannot please everyone. The "clown" in Louisiana has done excellent work for many.

Pat Ireland

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.