Trapshooters Forum banner

All Australian Nationals cancelled

2326 Views 29 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Steve12
Our governing body has just announced the cancellation of the 2021 Trap, Sporting Clays, and ISSF (bunker and ISSF skeet) nationals.COVID outbreaks, border closures, travel restrictions and general pain-in-the-backsideness meant that conducting the events couldn't go ahead.

It's a damn shame. Two years running with no Trap nationals.

Most people seem to agree with the decision, and aren't being critical of the national body.

I was able to cancel the apartment I had booked with no fee, but I feel for the motels in Wagga where the trap nationals were meant to be. They'd have been booked solid for 10 days, and now they'll be emptier than a politician's head.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,995 Posts
Our governing body has just announced the cancellation of the 2021 Trap, Sporting Clays, and ISSF (bunker and ISSF skeet) nationals. COVID outbreaks, border closures, travel restrictions and general pain-in-the-backsideness meant that conducting the events couldn't go ahead. It's a damn shame. Two years running with no Trap nationals.

Most people seem to agree with the decision, and aren't being critical of the national body.
My friends in Australia tell me there is widespread acceptance of the government's measures. Nevertheless we see reports of protests like in the link below.

Do your police really ride horses? I'd have expected them to ride camels or roos :unsure:.

· Registered
547 Posts
Sorry to hear that one year is bad enough, I was able to shoot at most of the shoots I wanted to this year. Would hate to think of missing 2 years in a row there are no words for that.

On a lighter note speaking of

and now they'll be emptier than a politician's head.
A good friend of mine is a retired 2 Star Admiral and the US State Department and Australian government asked him to assist in the Australian fleet submarine build project a couple of years back.

I recently discovered a video of the Australian Senate hearing for the project, Steve is obviously the one in civvies siting next to the Australian 2 Star Admiral. The questions from the lady Senator are hilarious, talk about an empty politician's head. I can almost hear the gears grinding in his head and see him biting his tongue.

In a way glad to see we aren't the only ones with politicians dumber than a box of rocks. At the same time makes me sad. For us both.

Steve is stopping by on Monday for the night on his way to SD to do some work on his second home there to get ready for pheasant season. I've loaded up 2 flats of 7/8 oz. 16 ga. shells for him because he can't find any this year and there will be much eating and drinking involved in the evening. Just like when we used to pull into Perth and Brisbane :cool:

· Read Only
150 Posts
The COVID delta variant, in large part responsible for the recent surge in hospitalizations, has been present in the U.S. for several months. Concentrations of unmasked, unvaccinated individuals from disparate locations may well turn into a petri dish.

· Registered
468 Posts
Yeah it’s certainly not ideal but what can you do.

The Australian Clay Target Association stated months ago that they cannot have a legitimate ‘National Championship’ if every state is not open to attend it.

It’s unfortunate but fair in my opinion, not only for fairness but also in respect of the previous winners that beat all comers for a National Title.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy known as the National Champion that only won because some people were unable to attend.

· Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any new word on shooting opening up again.
Steve
Shooting is open in some states but not others. Most borders between states are closed.

My state (South Australia) is fully open for shooting for South Australian residents. Victoria, ACT and NSW are in lockdowns of various descriptions. I'm not sure if any form of shooting is available.

AFAIK-and it changes daily, I have enough trouble keeping up with my own state-the other states and territory are shooting.

When will we have open borders? Not til next year, I suspect.

· Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Shooting is open in some states but not others. Most borders between states are closed.

My state (South Australia) is fully open for shooting for South Australian residents. Victoria, ACT and NSW are in lockdowns of various descriptions. I'm not sure if any form of shooting is available.

AFAIK-and it changes daily, I have enough trouble keeping up with my own state-the other states and territory are shooting.

When will we have open borders? Not til next year, I suspect.
Sorry to hear hang in there. To all your countrymen
Steve

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.