Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-American Teams posted...congrats to the over 250 (!!!!!) people named to the various teams. I am amazed at how many people are listed. I am going to bet that a very high percentage of people who met the target requirements (shoot 6000-7000 targets, shoot championship events in three separate provinces/states, etc) make the team.
No, I will never make an All-American team but I am betting that someone who averaged 96 at singles, 84 at handicap and 86 at doubles is SUPER excited that they made the team.
No offense to anyone, it just seems like such a watered down accomplishment nowadays.

http://www.shootata.com/Portals/0/pdf/All_American_2016_FINAL.pdf

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Problem is the gene pool (those that shot enough targets to qualify) is so small while the number of All-Americans is so large it tends water down the selection process. Heck, we even had an All-American team member classified "D" Singles at last year's Southern Grand!!

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
I'm still waiting for my special category-over 65, cataract in right eye, bad back, nerve damage in feet, sore shoulder, release trigger setting issues, muscle weakness and a few more waiting in the wings. I'm sure many on here would shoot with me in this category and it just might be one of the largest!!

·
Super Moderator
5,320 Posts
"Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game."

That meme seems appropriate here.

For those whose sensibilities are upset, look at the "Second Team" members as "Honorable Mention."

Or ignore them altogether.

But don't denigrate them because the ATA chooses to recognize them.

Below are the total shooters who qualified for consideration on each team, and what percentage of the qualified shooters each team represents.

2016 AA Team data.jpg

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Interesting numbers Scott!! The Sr. Vet numbers qualifying @ 195 is large compared to other groups. What surprised me was the fact it had more qualifiers than the open men's division?

HAP

1 - 20 of 44 Posts