Trapshooters Forum banner

Alfermann visit

4346 Views 42 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  690S
I had an incredible visit with Gary Alfermann and his lovely wife today. They were very generous with their time and it was a real honor to hear the background story and numerous details on the Alfermann guns. I knew I was holding something special with double #1 and single #1 as well as some others in their personal collection. The crazy thing is they know some of my family living in the same small town as them. What a small world!
Clothing Jeans Trousers Sleeve Wood
Grey Air gun Trigger Rectangle Gun barrel
Wood String instrument Folk instrument Art Font
Wood Trigger Office supplies Shotgun Air gun
Wood Natural material Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Tints and shades Paint brush Natural material Shotgun
Cap Cricket cap Hat Headgear Baseball cap
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
Alfermann # 251
656 Posts
Yes and no. They aren't building anymore guns but they are actively supporting any warranty work, repairs, servicing, etc. Lifetime warranty on that.
I had an incredible visit with Gary Alfermann and his lovely wife today. They were very generous with their time and it was a real honor to hear the background story and numerous details on the Alfermann guns. I knew I was holding something special with double #1 and single #1 as well as some others in their personal collection. The crazy thing is they know some of my family living in the same small town as them. What a small world! View attachment 1839857 View attachment 1839859 View attachment 1839860 View attachment 1839861 View attachment 1839862 View attachment 1839863 View attachment 1839864
What a great post. Following to see what Alfermann you pick up!

I just took #251 on it’s maiden voyage today…
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sawhorse

· Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not speaking for the Alfermann brothers but they have a spreadsheet of all original details and specs for every gun built. I was looking at it with Gary today and I got the impression that he enjoyed sharing details with owners or prospective buyers. He did it for me today. Very helpful!

· Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Add A Rib ... Not sure they are sill in business. Also I still have the original Alfermann Stock that is Grade V.
The first time that I did a Test Drive I broke a 98/100 when I added a Ad A Rib I pulled off a 100 Straight in a non Registered Fun Shoot.

I have a few High Grade Trap Guns. I have won a few trophies , patches & fun shoots with them. The Alfermann is one of my favorites.

Hat Fedora Font Smile Sun hat

· Registered
1,010 Posts
I have known Gary and Larry for about 20 years. Also, their "partner in crime" Merelyn for as many years. The three of them are absolute nothing but TOP SHELF. I have the privilege of owning three of the single barrels and one twin. #238 was custom made for me. #255 and #294 I purchased used, all three of them have a 100% high POI. You do not need to worry about target count with these guns. You cannot wear them out. #238 has somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 round shot through it. Everything is 100% original. The trigger sets and let's go today the same as it did when I got the gun. There was a single barrel for sale of this web site just yesterday. Very nice wood and a very cheap price if someone is looking for one to buy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts