Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure its the Parallel Trap with the step rib...parallel (montecarlo style) comb. Great all-around gun.

WNCRob

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
30 inch and don't look back, it is a good gun. It has the shims kit for cast and drop, easy to work with and well, just get the gun and be happy.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
as far as comb hardware, been shooting a gold trap for 5 years, umteen thousands of rounds through it and no problem what so ever with comb.

Have a Beretta 390 carrier put in for sure shell feed, other than that bang bang bang no problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been shooting this gun for about a year. The best part is low recoil of the automatic, seems to load fine but i mostly shoot single shot games. I haven't cleaned it yet (reload clays)so it's pretty robust. I did have Tron replace the comb hardware with the "near drop in" Graco unit and installed an adjustable butt plate. I like the gun alot, many shooters at our club have ended up with this over time, again recoil. Mine is 32" gold target but most others I see are 30" and I see no difference. Only issue you'll have is figuring out which is yours from all the other similar guns in the rack.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a AL391 Teknys Gold Target. It only come in a 30" with two ribs and adjustable comb. You can get two more different ribs that shoot higher if you want or lower. A 60/40 and 70/30 are standard. Also a recoil reduction device comes in the stock.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a Teknys Gold Trap model with 30" barrel, adjustable comb and one rib. Little recoil and no issues with multiple feeds as I have shot hundreds and hundreds of doubles targets with nary a misfeed. The stock was a little long for me at 14 3/4 so I shortened it. I am taking it to shoot a few rounds of handicap right now...

Chris

·
Registered
934 Posts
Standard Length of Pull is 14 1/4"...if you have short arms you may have to have stock butt cut and butt pad refitted...this is a real important detail about shotgunning Trap, Skeet, etc.....

The Beretta AL391 Teknys is a really great gun, cannot go wrong with this all around gun...

If you live near a Cabela's or Gander Mountain or Bass Pro Shops you need to go and try one for fit and feel.

Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.