Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used AL391 Urika 2 and have a question about the plastic adjuster stock shims. The original owner put a plastic shim in for cast off (right ) and put that shim on top of the flat plastic shim I assume came from the factory. Was this correct or should the original flat shim been removed. As is with both plastic shims the gun fits me perfect and shots right where I want it. Will leaving the original shim in cause problems with the stock ? Thanks for your help.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,235 Posts
If you don't do anything with the stock washer (which dictates your drop/cast), stacking plastic shims does nothing but put pressure on the head of the stock...which may cause it to crack!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Following up on Tron's warning, you can check to see if the steel washer/shim at the butt end of the stock is installed matching the plastic shim at the pistol grip. If not, you'll need to re-install them to match settings. I suggest that you remove the "flat" shim at the grip and again check the fit of the shotgun. I'll bet you have trouble telling any significant difference. -Ed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes what everyone is saying. There should be only 2 shims or adjustment plates. A plastic shim between the receiver and the stock, and a metal plate under the bolt holding the stock on the gun. Both should have the same letter and number at the top, facing toward the butt plate. For example, if the plastic spacer has "D60" at the top facing the butt, the plate under the bolt holding the stock on the gun should have "D60" at the top facing the butt. The plastic shim sets the drop and cast, the metal plate positions the bolt holding the stock on the gun so it does not put uneven pressure on the stock. As I understand it the number represents drop (at the heel?) in millimeters. I have seen shims from 65 (quite a bit of drop) to 42.5 (very straight or high). The letter represents cast left or right. DO NOT mismatch letters--you run a grave risk of cracking your stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok. I took the stock off and here is what I found. My assumption was the first shim was uniform (wrong) . See pic for what was in the stock. So I removed the T-40-DX and should be good to go. Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Someone doubled up on the plastic shim, either out of ignorance or to create more extreme adjustment. Put it back together with the DX 42.5 on top of both the plastic shim, and the washer. See if your sight picture works for you. If not, try a different setting, but make sure they match.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put the T-45-DX shim in with same marked washer and looks good for cast . Now to test for height of POI. Thank you all for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts