Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a airline approved case? Looking for one that will hold two shotguns one has a 34” barrel with extended choke. I have been looking at pelican, but would Like it a little shorter then a rifle case.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
as you attempt to identify a suitable case that will protect your firearms from the airport goons, also remember that when the bag weight goes over 50 pound, you are now subject to overweight bag fees. (and they are steep). Even if you fly first class, weight limits for sports equipment bags remain at 50 pounds. I use a "tuffpak". with packing stuff and two soft breakdown cases, I can take one combo gun and one single barrel gun and come in at 48 pounds. Tuffpak as wheels, still a bit too long but much better than trying muscle a heavy bag around as you get your rental car or start your way back home.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have flown with my Pelican 1720 with two guns many times. I highly recommend a pelican, just be sure to buy four locks for it. The TSA likes to have all the lock holes filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Doug Hubbard case company he is beaker100 on this site. I have one of his cases for years and plenty of plane trips. Thing is built like a tank but not that heavy, under 50 lbs with a combo in it
Vic

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Pelican.
Americase look pretty, and the outsides might be sturdy, but when the baggage handlers are extra rough, I wouldn't trust those little velvet-covered, thin wood dividers and the one velvet strap around the wrist of the stock to keep your parts from slamming around on the inside.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I take my Gulfstream G700 and don’t have the problems like most people have when flying with trap guns. The food is better and the beer is colder as a bonus. I stop by Hooters to get the crew and off we go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts