Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a barrel with a screw-in bead that is very close to the end of the rib and I can't screw it in like a normal Hi-Viz Mini Comp - not enough rib and it would stick out. Screw hole is too far on the end of the rib.

I'm contemplating using an adhesive to put the Hi-Viz mini Comp on the rib. I obviously want it to stay put but might want to remove at some point in the future.

Is there anything out there in the adhesive market that would work to securely adhere to the rib, but might be removed in the future with something like heat?

Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I'll tell ya from experience, lots of it. There is no better adhesive out there than what Meadows Industries sell.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
3M mounting tape works great. I've been using it for a stick on front sight. It won't come off until you want it to. Then you just peel it off with your fingernail. You can buy it at any hardware store or auto parts store.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Meadow industries is the best. The 3 m double sided tape works well also from the auto parts stores. Problem is, it’s pretty thick.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Go over to a friend's body shop if you have one,, get a piece of 3m attachment tape for emblems and such, very thin, You don't need a whole roll

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dickgtax - thanks but have ordered some 3m and meadows industries adhesive so think I’m on the way. Thanks for your generous offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts