Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just yesterday completed shooting 6 flats of these at Sporting Targets over the last couple of months. They were purchased back in January as a possible replacement for AA Super HDCPs. There were 0 duds, misfires, or badly crimped loads. 0 hung up in the chamber. Reloading is not a consideration, my hulls hit the ground. These loads performed extremely well and it's a subjective opinion but.....they may even crush the targets a we bit harder (if that's possible) than the AAs. Recoil is not a factor...will be ordering 10 flats from the same dealer.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,243 Posts
I just yesterday completed shooting 6 flats of these at Sporting Targets over the last couple of months. They were purchased back in January as a possible replacement for AA Super HDCPs. There were 0 duds, misfires, or badly crimped loads. 0 hung up in the chamber. Reloading is not a consideration, my hulls hit the ground. These loads performed extremely well and it's a subjective opinion but.....they may even crush the targets a we bit harder (if that's possible) than the AAs. Recoil is not a factor...will be ordering 10 flats from the same dealer.
I second this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I never had an issue with the handicap loads. I'd say recoil was in the neighborhood of Super Handicaps.

Right now I am burning through the light 8s, and I noticed they do sound funny, almost as if the wads isn't fully seated in the shell.

Other than that, they break targets fine.

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Good to hear!

I've gone through 25 cases in the last couple months with zero issues but lots of great scores!

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
I'm just having a heck of a time finding any!

Reactions: 4th. down

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm just having a heck of a time finding any![/QUOTE

Tim, I believe that's becoming a problem for all competition shells. Maybe Mexico has limited production because of Covid 19. Able's only has a few left and they had a big supply at one time.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Found some at Outdoor Limited. Pretty much everyone else was out of stock.

Reactions: 4th. down

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Shot three rounds of bunker a week ago Sunday with the 28g 1350 fps and a 200 handicap event this Sunday with the ones you shot without any problems at all.
Steve

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Isn't 32 grams a tad heavy?

I know it is nit picky but a rules is rules

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The issue might be that the box says each load is 32 grams which is over the limit stated by the ATA by just a wee bit 28 grams is 1.12876678 Ounces and the user is blatantly breaking/flaunting the rules if indeed the box says 32 grams

If it said 1.125 ounces, nobody would blink an eye

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
32 grams is approximately 1.12877 ounces.

The ATA rule book allows a maximum of 1.125 ounces plus the SAAMI tolerance of +3% which means the absolute maximum per ATA rules can be 1.15875 ounces.

If you cut apart some factory Federal GM Grands you will, from time to time, find the actual shot load is 1.16 ounces or higher. But nobody challenges factory cartridges...

Last time I cut any Aguila cartridges apart, the shot charge weighed slightly less than 1.125 ounces.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wizard77:
I'll bet if Rodney Smith was still around you would have shot them up faster or shot more of them. Good to hear you are doing well.

Ron Burdick

·
Registered
575 Posts
Tim,

Did you ever do a pellet hardness test for the Aguila 1 1/8 8s at 1145? I suppose I could assume they are similar to the 1250s. My local shop has a lot of Estate super sports and the 1145 Aguilas. Thought about making a switch if shot hardness was better though I know at 16 it doesn't matter much

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Tim,

Did you ever do a pellet hardness test for the Aguila 1 1/8 8s at 1145? I suppose I could assume they are similar to the 1250s. My local shop has a lot of Estate super sports and the 1145 Aguilas. Thought about making a switch if shot hardness was better though I know at 16 it doesn't matter much
Brownie, I'm not Tim, but Covid 19 has me bored so here goes - I've shot both the Aguila HDCP and the 1145 fps. and I don't think Aguila changes lead pellets when going to a different speed but maybe they do, but seems like a little too much effort for not much or any gain financially to do so. I've also shot the Estate Competition and if I recall correctly their antimony content (MG Polo) was approx. 3% and Tim tested Aguila in the 5% range. At the 16, Gun Clubs (2%) will even work well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts