Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a gun at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates Il. It took 40 min. to get a guy to wait on me and 40min.to pay for it. It took 10 min. for the mannager to talk to me and he gave me a standard story and really did not care to talk to me about it. When I did go to get the gun it took 10 min. to get it and walk it down stairs. If you have 2hrs to buy a gun and like aggravation , buy a gun at cabelas in Hoffman estates, Il.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I had the same experience at the Cabella's in Hamburg, PA. I went there only because I wanted a youth model Savage bolt-action rifle in .243 and no one else had one. Once was enough.

Ed

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't get! For the life of me I don't see why people buy from Cabela's!

Their prices are high on everything

Their Cabela branded stuff comes from China in containers:what happen to made in America?

Their customer service sucks- try and get waited on and spend hours buying a gun.

Product knowledge of employees- zero

They are major land leasers for their pay to hunt Cabela's outfitters-in Montana they have taken away land that was once open for hunting for the average guy. Now you need to book a hunt through Cabela's and pay $000's for something that was free for the asking!

Worst of all they are driving the independent Sporting/gun stores out of business-these are the places we all grew up and now we don't frequent because we go to Cabela's!I don't mind paying a little more if I get the service and most important of all, the knowledge and expertise to buy the right thing!

Again why do people shop at Cabela's? I don't!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.