Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who was making those and what was the advantage?

Mouse chewed through my factory wired one- so need to order something anyway

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is why I put all the words there- not just vibrator and despite that I get this---

Geez

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did- and they didnt tell me to look in anyones drawer

btw the other kind- that people seem to be confused with- they come in wireless models

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One could carry the type of person that needs an industrial strength model to an entire different level of discussion

luckily I only need to prime shotgun shells

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
At least with the wireless model you wouldn't have to worry baout the mouse anymore.

Seriously though, did you find an aftermarket piece, or did you end up with one from Spolar- I'm looking to modify my PW.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Stop Immediately- do not do a Google search for vibrators. I just did that and many things, all quite unusual, showed up. I am very sorry. I gave bad advice.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Don't know about wireless models, but seems to me that Whiz White had a replacement that runs a lot quieter.

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
I heard of a guy who tried using his wife's and it ruined his loader! Shook everything loose!

It was a Black & Decker heavy duty with a kick starter!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Need a vibrator for your primer tray?

1. Go to Radio Shack and purchase a 12VDC hobby motor, a packet of 9 Volt battery connectors (the kind with "snaps" on it to attach to a 9 volt battery)a small length of both red and black wire.

2. Go to the hardware store and purchase a doorbell push button, and a packet of "industrial strength" velcro.

Find a small round disk (I made mine out of a small 1/4" brass rod) and drill a hole a bit smaller than the shaft on the motor and a little off center. CAREFULLY press the disk onto the motor shaft. Mount the motor on a short piece of aluminum about the same width as the diameter of the motor. Apply the Velcro to the motor assembly without seperating the two pieces. Remove the adhesive backing on the top piece of the Velcro and adhere it the tray. Depending on the motor you purchase (ont type has wiring for a connection and another type has solder tabs. Attach the wire you purchased to the motor and wire the motor in series with the doorbell button and the battery. press the button and the motor runs as long as you hold the button down.

I don't believe I spent more than $10.00 on the whole thing. It really works great.

Next I want make it automatic with a small circuit to sense the primers in the track; but that is for a later time.

Billy P

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.