Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second retirement couldn't handle the first one with a medical retirement (PTSD)
I enjoyed teaching .At the end of May I am done. I had plans to go to as many tournament as I could find.
90 % of my friends were teaching. The other were my friend in shooting. My club has very few Trap Shooters. I hope to change this. I am anxious to shoot.
I had a great time at the Kern County gun club running a weed eater. I was with friends getting what I enjoy.
Hopefully we will be shooting soon the depression is not easy to handle. Back on the medication. Steve

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we know the clubs will open soon . I will be shooting Saturday
Only 1 trap field open but that is better than none

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
are the guys at nas lemoore still open? they got a range there on base. its about 80 miles north of you.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I retired in 2014. It took me half the summer to find one guy to shoot with on a regular schedule. The fellowship was probably more important to me at the time than anything .

By the end of that first year, I had maybe 5 guys to shoot with. It multiplies quickly. Seems like I know almost everyone now .

Good luck to you. You’ve more than earned your retirement .

take care,

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
I retired 15 years ago. Still day worked on a local ranch, and I have 65 acres of farm ground here at the house. That keeps me busy. Help my neighbors. After 5 back surgeries in the last 18 years, I have slowed down a bunch. Need to shoot more when I can. MIL died a month ago....dealing with that. Grand son here for a bit. Can't see my Dad in California for awhile. But, ya know, it is all good. I am very blessed. Kela and I have been married for 39 years this year and I take it the best I can. Thank God for Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I retired in 2014. It took me half the summer to find one guy to shoot with on a regular schedule. The fellowship was probably more important to me at the time than anything .

By the end of that first year, I had maybe 5 guys to shoot with. It multiplies quickly. Seems like I know almost everyone now .

Good luck to you. You’ve more than earned your retirement .

take care,
I am working on that
The sad part is I will more than likely have to shoot at another club.
Been shooting by myself for years
Skeet and Clays are big here even with 9 or 10 fields. One field just went to skeet

Life in Kern County
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
Congrats on your retirement Steve12. I'm betting that you will have a hard time understanding how you were able to get done everything you needed to while you were still working. That's how it is for me. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on your retirement Steve12. I'm betting that you will have a hard time understanding how you were able to get done everything you needed to while you were still working. That's how it is for me. Good luck!
I will know soon

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Enjoy your retirement! I was retired after 40 years of teaching and my wife is also a retired teacher.She tells me I would be fired and probably jailed because discipline is a thing of the past in most schools today. I still stay involved it teaching by helping instruct a Bible class. I am still very active in shooting and hunting. Stay active my friend !

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
It takes a while to adjust to a slower life. Once you get used to it. You'll never want to go back to work. The Virus has given you a 7 week jump start. I hope you Enjoy your Retirement to the Fullest. break em all jeff

·
Registered
686 Posts
This is my second retirement couldn't handle the first one with a medical retirement (PTSD)
I enjoyed teaching .At the end of May I am done. I had plans to go to as many tournament as I could find.
90 % of my friends were teaching. The other were my friend in shooting. My club has very few Trap Shooters. I hope to change this. I am anxious to shoot.
I had a great time at the Kern County gun club running a weed eater. I was with friends getting what I enjoy.
Hopefully we will be shooting soon the depression is not easy to handle. Back on the medication. Steve
Best wishes, and enjoy the wonderful world of shotgun shooting. You'll find a way to enjoy your friends while at the same time being safe. Clubs in this area are beginning to open with some basic safety/personal protection rules in effect. Somehow, if we all observe those minimal requirements, we can all get back to doing what we enjoy most.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
It'll take some time, but it's worth it. You've work hard now enjoy the benefits, find your dream trap gun, travel to some different states to shoot, make new friend and win a few trophies.
Retired from teaching after 31 years, always shot trap but only for fun, retired and tried some registered birds, really got hooked, 18 years later I still find it enjoyable and have register almost 93,000 birds, hope to hit the 100k next year.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Happy retirement, I taught for a long time and was retired 4 years ago. I'ts a differnt world in schools since I left and I'm glad to be enjoying shooting, golf, ets.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Happy retirement, I taught for a long time and was retired 4 years ago. I'ts a differnt world in schools since I left and I'm glad to be enjoying shooting, golf, ets.
I just have to stay positive
at 12 noon I start 2 zoom meetings on line classes are worthless
thanks to all my friends here
Steve

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Steve: Enjoy your retirement; it's supposed to offer a lot less stress. Try some other clay target venues. You'll probably meet some friends who enjoy and can shoot trap with you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Steve, I hope retirement for you is as enjoyable for you as it has been for me. It has allowed me to accomplish the things I wanted to do but never had time for. Not particularly big elaborate things but just little things.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts