Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been a while since I’ve been on here so I’m trying to learn to post pictures and get some posts in.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It’s not as bad as most people think. I did that trip in 2016 I took those animals plus a warthog and a baboon. Whole trip door to door including shipping hides and even a video of our hunt was 6k that’s tips tickets everything. You can get some really good deals right now. Find a Sci chapter banquet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The way I looked at it was I could either have a new mid grade trap gun or just keep shooting what I have and take this trip. It is actually not much more expensive to go to Africa and be able to shoot 5 or 6 trophies than what it is to do a guided elk hunt in the states and only get to shoot that elk.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I’ve been 4times. Incredible experience. I was putting together a Brown Bear hunt prior to my first trip to Africa. A buddy had just returned from his bear hunt so I asked him how he did. He told me “ I got to see where one sh*t. “
At that point, I changed direction, went to Africa and killed 14 animals in 2 weeks. That was trip #1. I eventually did one trip, handguns only. T/C Contender in .375 JDJ got most of the work.
There’s no way I’d pay the kind of money they’re getting for trophy Whitetail ( who cares..??) or even Elk these days compared to hunting in Africa. Just no comparison.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I’ve been 4times. Incredible experience. I was putting together a Brown Bear hunt prior to my first trip to Africa. A buddy had just returned from his bear hunt so I asked him how he did. He told me “ I got to see where one sh*t. “
At that point, I changed direction, went to Africa and killed 14 animals in 2 weeks. That was trip #1. I eventually did one trip, handguns only. T/C Contender in .375 JDJ got most of the work.
There’s no way I’d pay the kind of money they’re getting for trophy Whitetail ( who cares..??) or even Elk these days compared to hunting in Africa. Just no comparison.
You need to go to Kamchatka for big brown bears. They are humongous and plentiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts