Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out of the game for 25 years and getting back in now. Could someone recommend a good trap combo without breaking the bank? I was thinking of a Browning XT but open to all suggestions. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm in same boat. Been looking and holding everything. I decided I'm getting the Fabarm rs12 has adj rib both barrels etc and I can get new for 4700. The 725 Browning felt way to light. The 686 at Cabelas I liked but no adj comb or rib on ou. A guy had an xt golden clays Had some dings but 3700 in fs section

·
Registered
79 Posts
I guess it comes down to your price range.
I'd look at the Joel Etchen's. There Beretta's, Beautiful wood, and a nice adjustable set up.
Sometimes they come up for sale on here for under 4,000.

If your in Wisconsin I'd let you test shoot mine.

·
Sky Buster
3,962 Posts
I guess it comes down to your price range.
I'd look at the Joel Etchen's. There Beretta's, Beautiful wood, and a nice adjustable set up.
Sometimes they come up for sale on here for under 4,000.

If your in Wisconsin I'd let you test shoot mine.
Best buy is the 725 Unsingle combo from Guns Unlimited.
Adjustable rib, adjustable comb, adjustable trigger.
The 725 has has a trimmer receiver than the XT which
is no longer being made.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
A used XT combo is a great gun to get back into the game with as would be a used 682 Beretta. With either of these combos you can get very high condition guns for around 1/2 of what their new cost was which will leave plenty of cash in your fun money account for ammo and targets. Then if you want an upgrade someday you will be able to sell or trade your gently used trap gun off for about what you paid for it. Let some other guy take the hit for buying a new gun at retail prices.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Another vote for a Caesar Guerini.............

·
Registered
944 Posts
Make sure you can shoot the unsingle barrel of what ever combo. ......For some dumb reason I couldn't shoot the unsingle very well at all and I have a friend have a similar issue,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like the 725 Unsingle combo has all the goodies for a very fair price. Now if I could find one used for a good price I may be in business.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Make the investment a good one, trap shooting should be a lifetime investment and there are a lot of guns for good price ranges if you wait and look.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Jim Maurer is purchasing a new beretta combo today from Mike Batista and is going to sell is browning 727 combo

I have shot the un single a couple of times it is like brand new

I think the set is around two years old
I would im him

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shot a Tristar tt15 and did not care for it. Out of 25 I broke 7. Could not figure out where that thing was hitting. I'm a 24 average with my Brownings. Handed it back to the owner and he said he hadn't figured it out either

1 - 20 of 22 Posts