Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
5,691 Posts
Par Traps are reliable and even if you have no initial plans to throw Wobble or Doubles, get the capabilities. Switching from singles to doubles and/or Wobble is quick.

If you need to make height adjustments, it's nothing more than pushing a micro switch. Target are easily adjusted with limit switches. Easy to load carousel from back or front.

Hydraulic pump and rubber bands need little attention. By getting all options you leverage your options...

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
53 Posts
we put in a new Pat a few months back and they told us we don't need a heater. we've run it in 20 degree weather with no problems. The trap uses a lower viscosity fluid now that makes the heater obsolete. Pat did say to run the pump for 15 minutes before throwing birds but who doesn't. It takes that long just to fill if.
we put in a new Pat a few months back and they told us we don't need a heater. we've run it in 20 degree weather with no problems. The trap uses a lower viscosity fluid now that makes the heater obsolete. Pat did say to run the pump for 15 minutes before throwing birds but who doesn't. It takes that long just to fill if.
Good to know it will run ok in cold weather with a little warm up time.

·
Premium Member
6,445 Posts
I am finishing up a new trap field. I have been using old Western traps and have one that has been very reliable. I am looking to go with a more modern trap and not have to load so often. I have 4 new Lincoln skeet machines and have done well with them. Shyda's has always been good at helping when needed. Before just going with the Lincoln ATA500 I wanted some input. Has anyone had experience with Mec machines? How about LaPort? Also, do I need a trap house with a higher roof to accommodate the larger turret? Any input at all will be appreciated.

PS. I own a small, private shooting facility in PA.
Pat trap
Steve

61 - 64 of 64 Posts