Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Would like your advice...I'm looking at a Beretta 682 Gold E Trap Combo with a 34" single and 32" double that is about 3 years old in mint condition. Ask is $3.4K. Is this in the ball park? I shoot mostly single trap and occassionally double. Moving up from a BT-99. Question is should I buy the 682 or wait for when the 692 is available? Or, should I get another SBT like the K MS-5 for a bit less used. Looking to spend $3 - $5K max.

Thanks,

Tom

· Registered
1,071 Posts
It seems high to me. There is a Joel Etchen 687 on TS now for $3,200 which is a much upgraded gun than the 682 you mentioned. The 687 is the same gun with better engraving and because it is a Joel Etchen Special it will have much superior wood.

Tahe a look for it. It will go fast at $3,200.
Doug

· Registered
9,982 Posts
I'd stick with the tried and true ,..the 682/687 is proven bulletproof and lots of used barrels, wood and stuff floating around that are interchangeable...the 692 will take a while to get to that point

· Vendor
6,543 Posts
I can sell you a 682 Gold E 32/34 unsingle Y model for $3650.00. Y models are new guns that Beretta will take to shows and let people handle them. After inspection they are discounted out to dealers. Essentially a new gun.
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

· Registered
1,476 Posts
I just helped a friend buy a 682 Gold E top single 32/34 combo with case in mint condition for $3200...plus shipping.

I considered it to be a great bargain, especially since you can't get new top single combos any more..(at least to my knowledge). I would have bought it myself at that price...had I not just bought a Browning the week before.

I liked the deal and loved the Gold E...as does my friend. We both prefer the top single setup...which is "not the trend" these days.

Good luck ...Stan

· Registered
140 Posts
since you said you wanted to spend up to 5 grand , Buy a new 687 joel etchens pigeon grade III for 4600.00 well worth the money . I bought one 2 years ago and can say this it's giving me no problems with over 10,000 rounds threw it .

· Registered
140 Posts
since you said you wanted to spend up to 5 grand , Buy a new 687 joel etchens pigeon grade III for 4600.00 well worth the money . I bought one 2 years ago and can say this it's giving me no problems with over 10,000 rounds threw it .

· Registered
153 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much for a used combo. I bought a 3 barrel set(o/u, top single, bottom single) for $2600 a year ago. If I was going to spend that much, I'd spend a little more and do as other have mentioned and buy a new set from Joel Etchens.

I wouldn't wait for the 692. If you are shooting your BT-99 well, don't change it. Just look for a doubles gun.

· Registered
85 Posts
Lz X-ray - you'll get a lot of different opinions on TS which is
is the great thing about it . I can tell you I have a 682 Gold E combo and like the
gun very much. I've got around 50k rounds through it and not a single
problem. A couple of years ago I ran a 200 straight with it and almost took
the Pa state singles championship (runner up) with the 682. Etchen
Is a good place to get one. For the money they are tough to beat.
Remember "it ain't the arrow it's the Indian "
Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.