Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved a new 725 combo unsingle, and need to know a little on adjustment procedure.
So far i have set the comb on the o/u for stacked beads and that should be a 70/30 pattern according to what i have read.
Now i wanr to adust the unsingle to same pattern. I have read that it will adjust from 50/50 to 90/10.
Can anyone advise how to get to the 70/30 initial adjustment? The front adjust the pattern height and the rear screw adusts the sight picture, that where i need help if that makes sense??
I want to get it set a close as i can before i pattern it and shoot it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Put the o/u barrels on the gun. Use the comb to set poa/poi. Go to post 3 and set the trap on straight aways. Make comb adjustments so you are ink balling targets. Once you are happy with your setup, leave the comb alone. Put the unsingle on and only adjust the rib to get the same poa/poi as the o/u barrels. You will need to loosen the 2 screws in the middle (browning unsingle) of the unsingle barrel before making any rib adjustments, and be certain to tighten them when you are done.

Comb up - Raises Point of impact
Comb down - Lowers point of impact
Comb right - moves pattern to right
Comb left - moves pattern to left
Rib adjustment down - raises point of impact
Rib adjustment up - lowers point of impact

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. So i should not adust the front adjustment for point of impact?
This is the first gun i have had with adjustable rib and is a little confusing to me.
I am seeing stacked beads, but do not know how high it is shooting, i will just haveto pattern it and then make adjustments..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Browning 725 unsingle combos are an exclusive to Guns Unlimited in Omaha

·
Registered
366 Posts
All of the rib adjustments number2 (heh) referred to should take place at the front of the rib. Browning adjustable ribs are independantly adjustable front and rear. The front affects POI, the rear affects sight picture (so you can get your fig 8 back if you care).

Always take care to loosen the two screws in the middle before adjusting, and tighten (not over-tighten) when you are done adjusting. The rib adjustment system Browning uses on their unsingle guns (725, XT and Cynergy unsingles) is actually really clever and simple. Only weak point I see is the locking screws, so be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts