Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 month old or so mec 9000 with the 200rd primer feed that i have been fighting since it was new. It seems like no matter what I do i cannot get the primer feed set correctly.

It will either be too far forward where it will catch the hull in station 2 on the downstroke or too far back where it wont drop the primer. The only time i have gotten the thing mounted where it wouldn't do either of those it was mounted too close to the machine and the primers wouldn't fall into hole on the carrier

Like i said im sick of this thing, Is there a simple way to adjust this that im missing?

any help would be appreciated .

· Registered
2,257 Posts
I have a 6 month old or so mec 9000 with the 200rd primer feed that i have been fighting since it was new. It seems like no matter what I do i cannot get the primer feed set correctly.

It will either be too far forward where it will catch the hull in station 2 on the downstroke or too far back where it wont drop the primer. The only time i have gotten the thing mounted where it wouldn't do either of those it was mounted too close to the machine and the primers wouldn't fall into hole on the carrier

Like i said im sick of this thing, Is there a simple way to adjust this that im missing?

any help would be appreciated .
I adjusted both of mine by selling to MG Polo and going back to the simple problem free 100 chain operated ones.

· Registered
393 Posts
I mostly agree with mg1polo above but there are some times when you must tweak the drop tube itself.

Make certain that the mounting plate is up against the BOTTOM of the die head. When you look at the mounting plate it will have either two small holes or two dimples, use those as a guide to set the alignment of the mounting plate. Make certain that you tighten the bolt well, you don't want it twisting.

Now when you bring the press to bottom check to see if you are lining up with the primer drop hole.

If you are off slightly left to right, remove the thumb screw that the tray pivots on, allow the tray to drop back and take a large phillips screw driver insert into the drop tube and align it left or right.

If the drop tube is too far in (too close to the column) then use an adjustable wrench to bend the mounting plate up thereby moving the tube out to align. If the tube is too far out (outside of the shell plate) then use the screw drive method above to move it. After that is done put the thumb screw back in.

Now loosen the small allen bolts that hold the plastic tray to the bracket just a little bit. Raise the tray and adjust it's position so that the plastic snout on the bottom lines up well with the drop tube and snug up the tray there.

The last thing you need to do is time the primer drop. You want the primer to drop as late as possible and make sure that you do not over stroke the primer pusher within the tray.

When you raise the tray into position the pivoting portion of the bracket should come up square to the bottom stationary part of the mounting bracket. Do not push the tray up forcefully, that will only serve to change the position of the drop tube.

· Registered
292 Posts
I paid absolutely no attention to the instructions provided except whereand how to mount the 200 primer tube assembly to the 9000. Adjusted the primer tube to as close to dead center on the shell carrier primer hole then installed the primer tray and adjusted the primer drop timing. Did this on two 9000 gn’s and they work flawlessly. Now I will say with the primer tray laying horizontally it will try to feed a primer to the tube but I don’t care.

· Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I solved my problem really quick. After sending it back to Mec for adjustments and replaced parts, I dumped the thing and wrote it off. Expensive mistake? You bet! But now I don’t have to deal with it. I went back to a Sizemaster and solved all my problems. Never again even if it was free.

· Premium Member
13,759 Posts
I helps to have three hands. Because I don't, I reinstalled the original 100-primer tray and sold the new model to someone on this site.

· Registered
36,891 Posts
I have two to trade, plus some new chains, springs and the brass spring that sits inside the tray. I have a 200 tray on one of my 9000’s and love it.

Reactions: mg1polo
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.