Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best adjustable pad plate. I would like one that adjusts in all directions and adjusts through the pad.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
100 Straight makes an awful nice one that does everything you described. I had one on a BT99 and it adjusted probably more than you'll ever use. It is a grind to fit deal. Came with a "T" handled allen wrench that adjusted it thru the pad. I used a Kick Eze pad and it worked great.

Matt

·
Registered
837 Posts
Todd Nelson, the Country Gentleman from Alabama is the original through the pad guy who everyone trys to copy. There is a reason - think about it. Go with the BEST, contact Todd. Tell him BIG PAPA told you to contact him.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a graco and it adjust in all directions but I don't think it reduce recoil enough, but maybe I can adjust the spring tension. I had Aaoron nelson from Country Gentleman put on mine. I have heard good things about Ken Ruckers speed Bump pad. It has a Hydralic cylinder instead of a spring you might want to look into that one if you want recoil reduction

John

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the 100 straight stay tight? and is there any way any of these can be black in color when finished?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The 100 Straight had a grit type suface on both pieces that face each other so that when adjusted it stays tight. I never had any problem with it coming loose. I'm sure it could be painted or powder coated Black after the piece was finshed to fit your gun stock. I paid around $62 from Gamaliel's.

Matt

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have Graco adjustable on both my guns and am very pleased with them, but I don't think they would qualify as "through the pad". Jack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.