Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

adjustable pad question?

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  copey 
#1 ·
I have a citori with an adjustable pad......its kicking me awful hard in an upward motion.....I've played with pitch and tht didn't do it....should the pad be in the up position or down to alleviate thus?

#2 ·
When facing the pad from the rear, drop the pad a little and rotate it counterclockwise. So the top of the pad is at 11 o'clock and the bottom is at 5 o'clock. You will have to experiment for the proper fit. Also I would find a way to add some weight to the front of the gun. HMB

#3 ·
copey I had the same problem. Are you a big guy? I am and the pad in the OEM position on the stock was not cutting it. I was creeping on the comb so I lowered my recoil pad to put my head in a more natural position and the cheek slap is just about gone.

Bryan

#6 ·
Surfer, I haven't completely alleviate it, but it is a drastic change from what it was before. There is a little bit of a bite, but I may go back to adding some pitch.

There is a happy medium with adjustable pads. Correct if you lower the pad too much you raise the axis of the bore thus causing excessive muzzle rise/jump.

#12 ·
it's the pitch on the back of the stock... I know guys what do I know but humor me try a wedge .. here is how to make it 1/2 in at the bottom and 1/4 in on to pmake it out of wood or anything you have draw it out bu using the back of the stock to fit and change the kick to a downward motion it is a browning love them but they always have kicked me a little so try it what do you have to loose but a sore face... It doesn't chang anyting else let me know if it works

#17 ·
Pitch is part of gun fitting process, depending on build; one person may need positive, while another my require negative pitch.

You appear to have quite a bit of upper body mass and may have to do a lot of trail and error before you find your sweet spot. What gun were shooting before your Beretta? Did you have these same issues with your prior gun? Have you bulked up since changing guns?

Surfer

#20 ·
I raised the pad up.....a quick lop check showed it was short added a half inch....no mo
face slap... Added a spacer Brought pad more in line with the bore....kept gracoil from binding...and recoil us straight back.... Soft shootin now...was gna give up on her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.