Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay! I purchased a good set of hardware but now I need help! I have a new, never used Kickeeze pad that is the older style that does not have an adjustable through the pad provision! Is there a good way to make a neat round hole in this pad and be able to save the plug to cover the hole when I am done?! For example, do they make a hole saw this small?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I sharpened a 22 mag empty brass and made a neat hole in one pad.

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Rick has it right. Put a couple of nicks in the edge of the case and lube the cut with simple WD40 or such. But likely the plug will not stay in. And so just leave it out.We all do

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! FWIW, based upon above suggestions, I cut a .222 case off at the shoulder, heavily chamfered both the inside and outside of the cut area and chucked it up in a handdrill! I then cut a perfect round hole and could even use the plug I got out of the case! Maybe lucky, but it worked! Tom Rhoads

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Tom. My personal opinion is that the pads are too hard. If I were using a 1" pad, I'd drill holes in the sucker with that 222 cartridge drill bit yo just made and soften it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts