Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Browning cxs for a skeet gun. It is a 50/50 shooting pattern. I want to shoot some trap with it. I read where 1/16 raises the pattern to 1 inch on pattern board. I have not had a chance to shoot pattern board. I would to get it to a 60/40 or a 70/30 for trap. Anyone else raise their comb to change the shooting pattern. Thanks for reply

· Registered
475 Posts
I have the regular cx. I had to have and adj comb installed so I could shoot it effectively. Made a huge difference and worth every penny. Gun shoots lights out now for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,762 Posts
Averaged 95% on three practice rounds yesterday afternoon, first time out with my new GU 725 combo. Handicap saw me drop the first two out, raised my hold point, smoke indicated my poi was low. Added a fifth washer today and will give it another try tomorrow.
Trial and error my friend.
Everyone is different but the premise is the same...gotta find what works for you.
13yds. 3rds.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design
Rectangle Asphalt Road surface Sky Tints and shades

· Premium Member
157 Posts
Averaged 95% on three practice rounds yesterday afternoon, first time out with my new GU 725 combo. Handicap saw me drop the first two out, raised my hold point, smoke indicated my poi was low. Added a fifth washer today and will give it another try tomorrow.
Everyone is different but the premise is the same...gotta find what works for you.
13yds. 3rds.
View attachment 1742285 View attachment 1742286
Thats some nice looking wood on that stock

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
13yds. 3rds.
View attachment 1742285 View attachment 1742286
Gonna go out Sunday a try pattern board and raise comb 1/16 washer at a time. Should i try modified choke and pattern. Im just starting and will nor be shooting from back to use full choke.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Gonna go out Sunday a try pattern board and raise comb 1/16 washer at a time. Should i try modified choke and pattern. Im just starting and will nor be shooting from back to use full choke.
Use full choke. From everywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.