Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the west coast and was wondering who would be a good person to send a browning citori stock to, to have it cut and refinished with an adjustable comb?
I went to the patterning board and found that I am shooting left of center by several inches and I am a right handed shooter, handed the gun to a friend of mine and he shot center, so I figured an adjustable comb would be the ticket.
Thank you,
Joe

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Lotsa great guys here...I've used TRON and Ken Rucker ..both excellent...you might want to check something though..let somebody else shoot it at the pattern board..if the beads are aligned and the pattern is still way off ..its the gun but most likely the barrels/choke or choke tube(s) with the problem...if the other person says beads aligned and it shoots straight then its you and how it fits you and the adjustable comb will help..you may even want to consider having an adjustable butt plate put on so you can shift pad off to the right to fully simulate cast off as would have with a bent stock like if shooting a Beretta or Guerini that both come with lots of cast from the factory ..Tron even makes special comb hardware with extra offset...if all THAT doesn't work,..you need new Glasses

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had Rod Stumbo do one for me as well. I used him but several others you will find on here do great work as well.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I totally agree with Pat!

I sent my Browning XT stock to Tron for an adjustable comb. He did a great job at a fair price and a very fast turn around. Can't go wrong there!

John

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would suggest Dave Berlet in New Knoxville, Ohio. Dave does outstanding work. Fast turn around. He also installs adjustable recoil pad systems. His phone number is 419-753-2557.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Come out and shoot the Spring Satellite Grand,

Tom Larkin AKA the Stock Shop

Doug Hubbert,

Phil G.

Bill Simons will be vending,

Maybe more

Shoot some great targets And get the stock worked!

Also enig and several other Stock makers will be here

Al

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tom Larkin has done several for me great guy and ;he will be at the Satellite Grand check his web site out
thestockshop.net

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the input, now I just have to do my research and figure out who to use. I'm not a competition shooter, I just enjoy shooting on the weekends with my kids, so I won't be going to any shoots where there are vendors to talk to.
Regards,
Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got my stock(BT99 MAX) back from Joe Bowles @ Tronspace TODAY. Superior workmanship and a super nice guy.

Joe Bowles
5460 Riverwalk Trail
Commerce Twp, Mi. 48382
USA

Hunters3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rod Stumbo just completed an adjustable comb installation on my Browning 725 Trap. Gun now fits and Rod did excellent work. I highly recommend him. Jim S

·
Registered
12 Posts
Joe Bowles at tronspace is the best in my opinion he has done two guns for me the last being a Kolar and it looks great and his service is top notch !!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone for your input, I just got off the phone with Joe @ Tronspace and I am sending my stock to him as soon as I can, he has been the most recommended and has a lot of pics on his website to prove his workmanship.
I believe he is the man for the job, I will post pics when I get the gun back.

Thanks again.......Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts