Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a Beretta ASE Trap, looking for a competent gunsmith in Canada who does great work (wanting an adjustable comb cut),...what are your recommendations.

Thanks

Cesare

·
Registered
554 Posts
Frontier Gun & Sport, in Fonthill, ON.

I know a couple people who have had combs cut; they did good work. Though it was awhile ago.. Never hurts to make a phone call though.

-Ithaca

·
Banned
94 Posts
Their website shows no gunsmithing services, looking for a very reputable gunsmith, ...I'll call tho tomorrow .
Where in canada are you located?
If close to US Niagara or Ft Erie border you can contact Mark Deprez in Conesus NY does excelent work while you wait with appointment about 1.5 hours from border crossing

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm in Ottawa,...problem is, I can't leave my stock in the US with my ATF form ? .....

I contacted Cole's, but never heard back from them,...mailing a stock into the US and potentially never seeing it again because of customs regulations ?

·
Banned
94 Posts
Give Mark a call he can advise if feasible i have seen stocks in his shop from out of the US. I also have some Canadian contacts in ottawa who will be coming to the NYS Skeet shoot week before labor day Mark has a trailer on site. Maybe you could make arranagements

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Joe P

I would have to declare that I'm bringing a 'gun part' into the US at customs,...I thought there was a permit required ? ....if no permit required, and to make it easy for myself, I could mail it into the US then ???

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Kudos for Vic Tomlinson. Did one for me, excellent work, fast service and a very fair price.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Joe P

I would have to declare that I'm bringing a 'gun part' into the US at customs,...I thought there was a permit required ? ....if no permit required, and to make it easy for myself, I could mail it into the US then ???
A US Border guard at Sweetgrass, MT told me ANY part or accessory that attaches to a gun (scope, rings, sights, barrell, trigger assembly, etc.) requires an export permit. I did not ask him about stocks/forends, etc. Just not worth the hassle to get any work done down there unless I was spending the winter in AZ and had the gun with me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts