Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about how one choose how thick their adjustable comb is?I've seen some thin and some thick.what factors are into coming up with this?getting ready to have a 4way installed on my citori trap.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Question about how one choose how thick their adjustable comb is?I've seen some thin and some thick.what factors are into coming up with this?getting ready to have a 4way installed on my citori trap.
when I do an adjustable stock for someone I like to have at least 1" of thickness for the top part. but as mark says the bolt hole can make a difference in the thickness of the top part. maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

jack mc

·
Supporting Vendor
10,237 Posts
It all depends on how much wood there is to work with. It's nice to have it 1" or thicker, but with most autos and OU's such as Berettas, it's just not possible.

Home

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I try to make them at least 1" thick after sanding since the normal posts are 7/8" and I don't want them sticking through the top.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I try to make them at least 1" thick after sanding since the normal posts are 7/8" and I don't want them sticking through the top.

Ed Yanchok
ed, they won't stick thru the top if you don't drill the top bushing too deep. LOL

jack mc

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
ed, they won't stick thru the top if you don't drill the top bushing too deep. LOL

jack mc
I only drill 5/8" to glue the bushing, then drill the remaining 3/8" after glue is dry and set screws are installed. If the comb is too thin, I have to shorten the posts.

Ed Yanchok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts