Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as factory adjustable combs, I think the Krieghoff looks best and the Perazzi looks worst. What do you think?

Is there anyone who can do an aftermarket adjustable comb with "Krieghoff style" saw cut

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As far as factory adjustable combs, I think the Krieghoff looks best and the Perazzi looks worst. What do you think?

Is there anyone who can do an aftermarket adjustable comb with "Krieghoff style" saw cut

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
High2, I looked at your website and I really like the way you do the saw cut on your adjustable combs. I have a new gun on order and when it comes in, if the stock is too low, I will send it to you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High2, I looked at your website and I really like the way you do the saw cut on your adjustable combs. I have a new gun on order and when it comes in, if the stock is too low, I will send it to you.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
tractorboy..... Larry, above, does some of the nicest stock work I have ever seen. You can't go wrong with Cor-Kel... Just my personal experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
tractorboy..... Larry, above, does some of the nicest stock work I have ever seen. You can't go wrong with Cor-Kel... Just my personal experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've got some hardware in front of me. I would guess with the epoxy it would add 7-9 oz. But it would be more if you hafta plug the stock.
Jimmy

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't use epoxy to set my hardware. I've had it come loose in the past and it's always at the worst time when it does. I have a small machine shop and build my own hardware. Most of the time I use aluminum with stainless for the posts, but have had requests for more weight. I then can build all the hardware out of stainless for more weight. I would have to weight the hardware to be sure of the weight. Larry

·
Registered
106 Posts
Depending on where you are located, Allems Guncraft (PA) has done one for me and the workmenship was great. It was done on a Kreighoff and looks exactly like the factory cut. Great to deal with also. Mike K.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larry, the gun I have on order has 32" barrels so I will probably choose to go with all steel parts because I will probably be adding weight to the stock. But, when you can, would you please weight the parts and tell us how many ounces difference there is between all steel parts and steel/aluminum parts?

·
Vendor
19,102 Posts
Corkel and Allem deserve praise, but suggesting that Krieghoff looks the best is just personal preference on your part. Your thread title asks a question and your post gives your preference.

The real answer to the question is have the aftermarket look nearly like original factory and you will have best resale.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am out of the shop today. Having carpal tunnel tests done. I talk to the surgeon at 1PM. I'll weigh them in the morning. Thanks for the kind words guys, we work hard to turn out first rate work. Larry

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
There are quite a few that do great work. Take a hard look at Tron's work on here as he has a lot of guys thrilled with his work. He is also very reasonable and uses nothing but the best parts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.