Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an adjustable comb on my gun that has play in it from side to side and I have tighten the peg screws and stock screws.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
What kind of gun? Is it the factory hardware?

There are several companies that make good quality replacement adjustable comb hardware.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I had the same problem with my Browning XT

I sent the stock to Tron who replaced the factory comb hardware with his own.

PERFECT!!

John

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gun is a Browning XT that had the browning hardware (which I didn't have a problem with)I wanted to be able to use spacers so I had a well known gunsmith change it. I don't know why it won't tighten up and I don't want to strip the threads with to much torque. E-mailed the gunsmith but haven't heard back from him yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try calling Stock Positioning System they make factory replacement comb hardware for Brownings Ask for Joe 16313196959 The prices are great and you can do it your self.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Beretta had equally crappy factory stuff on my 682. I replaced mine myself(very easy) with the Graco replacement parts. I couldn't be happier. I have friends who have done theirs with the Stock Positioning System parts. It is also high quality replacement comb hardware in a DIY form.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Charger,

Order one of the above mentioned systems and change it out. They come with the washers/spacers as well. Sounds like you probably have a stripped set screw hole. I guess you could drill and retap it for the next size up set screw. The only problem with that, is you have different size screws.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you can dill and tap new holes Stock Positioning Systems will send you new set screws at no charge just call 16313196959 ask for Ray or Joe

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My brother happen on to the problem that the base plate screws were loose. No thanks to the nationally known gunsmith who didn't answer my e-mail. I will go elsewhere in the future and not recommend him to people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts