Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there adjustable comb hardware out there to turn a sporting stock to a parallel stock? I seem to remember a manufacturer who was a sponsor of TS for a while. Doesn't have to be them, but I'd like the ability to turn a gun with a slopping stock into at least nearly parallel. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Radeck,
Any comb hardware can be reamed so the comb can be tilted. Not reamed grossly oversize but tilted forward and back in line with the comb. Works very well. Dale

·
Registered
524 Posts
You are looking for a six way adjustable comb, to allow the back to sit higher than the front. The Beretta B-fast system allows that, as the holes in the comb hardware are oval.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
To make a parallel comb on my PFS, I make an aluminum block with normal holes but then put a taper on the wood comb I fitted to it so that the top of the wood was parallel to the bore. For a wood stock, this strategy does not give an odd gap underneath the comb.

jk

·
Registered
14,103 Posts
Oval holes are the way to go vs simply overboring the holes round. Problem is you'll need a mill to do it.

You could also have a replacement comb made that's parallel.

I doubt there's anything drop-in that will achieve what you're looking to do since there are a million different types of adjustable comb hardware out there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Marcelo Guiliani was making comb hardware which could be used to tilt the comb. The hardware was designed to replace Perazzi factory hardware, but could (of course) be used when cutting a fresh comb.
The Giuliani comb hardware, like everything else he makes, was first class.
Perhaps Don Rackley could advise if this hardware is still available.
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
This is with 1/4" in back and 1/8" in front. Comb inserts are elongated in an X pattern so they can be rocked up or down, front or back. Dale

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. In searching I also found that Cole Machine in Naples, Florida produces their own 6 way adjustable comb hardware. Hope this picture comes through alright.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
That is called the Beretta b fast comb hardware.
It is fairly new, and we were contracted to manufacture these for them. They are much needed replacement for the obnoxious plastic garbage which was called the memory system, we even manufactured an aluminum replacement for those too. Yes you can slightly adjust the front or back with the help of taller posts. As for advertising on this site anymore ask George. .. Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts