Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a ton of posts on this topic and in each of those I see the same names over and over again. I am trying to decide between Tronspace and Rods Custom Stocks to put an adjustable comb and buttplate on my BT-99. Other than "this guy does great work" (I assume they both do) or "he is a great guy", is there any real difference in their work that I should consider when making my decision? I live in Maryland and both of these guys seem comparably priced.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had Greg Hissem do some stock work for me, and it was OUTSTANDING !!

When he retired, I asked him who I should go to for stock work and he recommended Rods.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I too live in Maryland and had Rod's one for me. Now from what I have seen from others work, they are all good.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. So far it doesn't sound like there are any real distinct differences between the two? I think it has been established that they both do great work. All other things being equal, I guess it really comes down to the overall price and turn around time.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

·
Banned
3,402 Posts
Tron and get the one that adjusts with a allen wench threw the pad. Most other plates you have to remove the pad to adjust a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I'm from MD too...Tron all the way..he only puts out work that he'd be proud to show off as if it were his own gun..My new Guerini is going there for a new pad and adjuster as soon as my winter league is done in a month or so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.